Prologue

Chapter 1

As all his memories came back into his mind, Jing Yang looked back at the black stone bridge. He already couldn't remember clearly how many times he had walked over the bridge, perhaps already over a thousand times, but at least several hundred. Every time the cycle ended, he would always come back here, walk over the black stone bridge, and then remember everything.

"Sire." A black-robed man formed from the mist respectfully saluted to Jing Yang.

"Hades." Jing Yang turned his head, looking at the man. "Really bothering you to come receive me every time. How many times have we seen each other?"

"This is my 1365th time coming to welcome Sire. Sire, please follow me back to the palace to rest a little." Hades led the way after he finished speaking.

Jing Yang's memory only went back to when he finished his first reincarnation and came to this place. Besides remembering his own name being Jing Yang, he couldn't remember anything else, and then he began the seemingly endless reincarnations. Every time, Hades greets him with a very respectful attitude, so he thought that before his first reincarnation his identity should be not general, only that he had forgotten. Otherwise why would Hades, the master of the Underworld, be respectful to him for no reason.

In Hades's palace, there is a courtyard especially prepared for Jing Yang. Every time he finished a reincarnation, he would rest a little in this courtyard before going to the next reincarnation.

The weariness in Jing Yang's mind was getting more and more intense. He already didn't want to keep reincarnating to one world after another. Even if his soul flies away and scatters, that would still be better than endlessly reincarnating.

When Hades came back to invite him to go reincarnate again, Jing Yang refused and instead asked Hades how to scatter his soul.

Hades looked at him in shock, "Sire wants to scatter his soul?"

"I am really tired of it, I no longer want to keep on reincarnating."

"Even though Sire has already reincarnated over a thousand times, after every reincarnation you won't have any memory of it, so even though Sire feels weary now, after the memory fades you will again have a new life."

Jing Yang dispiritedly and listlessly leaned back on the armchair. "I remember that when I first started reincarnating a few hundred times, I could always live to over 80 years old. But in the most recent few hundred worlds, every time I have a shorter lifespan. This time, I didn't even live to 15 years old when I came back. Thus, even though every reincarnation I don't have the previous memories, but in the depths of my soul, I can remember this type of weariness. If I keep reincarnating like this, I'm afraid that I'll have to come back right after I come out of the womb. What's the significance of reincarnating like this?"

"But..." Hades hesitated a little. "Sire's life essence isn't in your soul right now. Even if I am Hades, I still have no way to help Sire scatter his soul."

"Why should you lie to me?" Jing Yang smiled. "In fact I have already felt it. You letting me keep on reincarnating definitely has a reason. Is it that as long as I don't reincarnate, my soul would dissipate?"

Hades's complexion changed and he didn't respond to his question, but from his silence, Jing Yang confirmed his theory.

"Sire, I have been entrusted with someone's commitment to borrow the Dao to have Sire reincarnate in the Underworld." Hades said with a solemn expression. "Outside the 99 heavens, there is someone waiting for Sire to go back."

"This is not the first time you've said this to me, I'm already tired of hearing it. You help me give that person a message. Since I already don't remember who he is, I also don't want to go back anymore. You let him know that he no longer has to wait for me."