Arc-(9.1)

Chapter 114
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.1)

Jing Yang felt particularly hungry. This was the first time that he had woken up hungry. He opened his eyes, and through his blurry sight he could faintly see many beds and many people.

Jing Yang rubbed his slightly puffy eyes, which he guessed had turned swollen from crying. When his line of sight cleared up, he began to look around.

This building looked like a warehouse. It wasn’t very large, and there were over twenty single beds arranged in here. Each bed was very narrow, so much so that you would probably fall off if you turned over. But it was pretty clean. Whether it was the room, the beds, or the people sitting on the beds, they were all clean and tidy.

What was this situation? Could he have been reborn into a servant, and had to engage in a struggle between servants? Then wouldn’t this world be too simple? He felt that this was unlikely.

Jing Yang activated the system, and without selecting any function, the system automatically started scanning his body. It showed him that his body was poisoned.

Jing Yang sighed in his heart. Sure enough, each life could not be so simple. Even if it were really just a struggle between servants, it seemed to be quite fierce. He used the system to search for the method to remove the toxin. Even though the system said that he was under a very heavy poison, the method of detoxification wasn’t very difficult. With the system’s help, the poison could be removed in a short period of time.

It’s just that he found it strange that even if he was poisoned, he didn’t feel any discomfort besides being hungry. Just as he was about to choose to retrieve the memories, the door was suddenly opened.

A burly man stood at the door and shouted, “Come out. Line up behind me, the auction is about to start.”

Seeing these pretty young people get down one by one from the beds and line up, Jing Yang had to shut down the system first and also stand in the line. Even though he still didn’t know what this so-called auction was, for the time being he could only take it step by step and then respond accordingly.

Two dozen people stood in two rows. They waited behind the big curtain and could hear the bustling sound outside. It seemed like the things being auctioned off were them.

Jing Yang turned to look at the other people. Those pretty young faces seemed to have a slight sense of expectation. Could it be that being auctioned was something to be happy about? Jing Yang felt like this was a little strange.

The burly man came over again. Holding a name list, he checked everyone’s appearance and counted the number of people. Then he suddenly walked to Jing Yang’s front and looked him up and down twice. Then he said, “You go to the very end, you won’t go up until the very end.”

Jing Yang could tell that this big man was deliberately singling him out for some reason, and felt like the situation was getting weirder and weirder. But he still went to the very back according to his instruction.

~

Reibar and Downey walked into the auction hall wearing black cloaks and metal masks.

After the two men found a place to sit down, Downey said to Reibar, “Cousin, is this your first time coming to this place? In fact, this place is pretty good. Sometimes you can even find a particularly good looking artificial mermaid.”