(Arc-4.1)

Chapter 41
Prince of Piano (Arc 4.1)

Piano sounds? The light and quick sounds of piano floated into Jing Yang's ears. He opened his eyes and looked around the room, but was unable to find the source of the sound inside.

He got off the bed and walked to the floor-to-ceiling window. On the green lawn below, a slender young man was playing piano. Another tall young man was leaning against the piano and watching him.

Jing Yang himself leaned against the glass doorway and activated the memory retrieval function.

The place he was in now was this world's music capital, the city of Odyssey. Here was the place that the entire world's classical music lovers most wanted to go, here was the shrine of music. This world's best musicians were all gathered here.

Every year, there would be large numbers of classical music lovers who would come to this city, hoping that they could find a job here and then put down roots in Odyssey. But only a very small number of people were able to stay. For the vast majority, after experiencing the wide gaps in ability, they could only leave sadly.

There was a saying that had been circulating here for many years. It was that staying here was already very difficult, but if you wanted to become an elite here, the level of difficulty was similar to relying on your own abilities to transcend the heavens.

In this place, it was actually not true that putting in enough effort would bring you success. Besides desperately working hard, you also needed enough natural talent. If you have high enough natural talent, only then would your efforts have the potential to bring success. So there was another saying here, that talent determined everything. If there was no talent, there was no hope at all.

This time, the person Jing Yang was to replace was called Avi Deere, an eighteen year old young man.

This person was very fortunate. His ancestors had long taken root in this city. His family was extremely wealthy, and even if he didn't put in any effort, he would still be able to live a comfortable life in this city.

But this person was also very unfortunate. His family members had all left this world, and besides a huge fortune, he did not have any relatives left.

Where he lived now was not his own home, but it was not far from his own house. The villa next to this current residence was his home.

Avi's parents had died when he had just been born, and he had been raised by his elderly grandfather. When Avi had been five or six years old, his grandfather's health was already nearing its end, and he had entrusted Avi to the Mooney family.

The Deere family and Mooney family had been family friends for a very long time. For several generations, the two families had always had a very good relationship, as could be seen from the two families' villas being built so close to each other.

Besides the two families' relationship being so good, Avi's grandfather had entrusted him to the Mooney family for another reason.

Before saying this other reason, there is a matter that must be mentioned first. That is, in this world, same sex marriage was not only legal, but through their advanced medical technology, it was also possible to have children with the DNA of both parents.

When old Mooney had still been alive, he had liked Avi so much that he had made a verbal engagement with old Deere that when Avi turned 19, he would let Avi marry his own grandson Faith.

After some consideration, old Deere felt that since the relationship between the two families was so good, if Avi married Faith, the Mooney family would definitely not treat Avi badly. Even though old Mooney's son wasn't all that great, his son's son seemed to still be pretty good. Old Mooney's body was also much healthier than his own, so he should have no problems watching over Avi until he reached adulthood. Based on what he understood of him over the past several decades, this old fellow's character was quite trustworthy, and he would definitely not treat Avi poorly.