(Arc-1.3)

Chapter 4
Gourmet Food Heir (Arc 1.3)

Chen Rui saw that Xu Peng was going to raise his hand to bid and immediately pressed his arm down, glaring at him. “What are you doing?”

“I…” Xu Peng’s anxious complexion was already starting to turn pale, speaking somewhat incoherently, “This piece of land, I’ll help, that, this land is hard to come by, you guys must take it down, or else, or else it’ll be taken away by Zheng Junming’s people!”

“Let him (XP) bid.” Jing Yang coldly squinted at him. “No matter how much he bids, he’ll be paying with his own money. In any case it’s him bidding, it has nothing to do with me, I’m certainly unable to take out that much money.”

Chen Rui shook off Xu Peng’s arm. “Since you’re using your own money, then you keep bidding, bid however much you want.”

“I, I, have no money.” Xu Peng said with trembling lips. “You guys obviously have money, you guys can afford it, why wouldn’t you continue bidding?”

Jing Yang and Chen Rui were both too lazy to pay attention to him.

The host had already introduced this piece of land twice, constantly asking whether there were people to continue to bid, and so on obviously delaying time. This let all of the auction participants find it somewhat abnormal, all using doubtful eyes to look at the host.

Seeing that he could no longer keep delaying, even if the last bidder was not the one the higher-ups had instructed, the host could only pound the gavel and complete the sale.

After the auction ended, the auction participants slowly trickled outside, only leaving Xu Peng and Zheng Junming’s men sitting there distractedly, their complexions looking considerably unsightly. With the current result, they had absolutely no way of going back to report.

Jing Yang and Chen Rui had just walked to the door when Xu Peng rushed over and stopped them. Xu Peng had an ugly expression for being deceived and angrily interrogated them, “Lu Jingyu, did you not say that no matter how high the price, you would definitely fight over that piece of land?”

“Whether or not I take down that piece of land, what does that have to do with you? Could it be that if I take it down then you will have some sort of benefits? Could it be that if I don’t take it down then you’ll get some troubles? What are you being so anxious for?” Jing Yang’s eyes were filled with irony.

“That’s right.” Chen Rui echoed. “You acting like this is completely the observer being more anxious than the person involved, this has not the least bit to do with you, what are you being so concerned for?”

“I, no, I’m thinking for your sake.” Xu Peng strove to let himself stay calm. “Now that land was taken away by Zheng Junming’s people, so wouldn’t you have lost to him again?”

“All right, if your acting skills are this bad then just stop acting.” Jing Yang stepped forward and used the brochure to pat his face. “Go back and tell your master, not only did I play Zheng Junming, but also him, and you, are only my helper for playing them.”

Xu Peng entirely froze in place, Jing Yang and Chen Rui got on the car and left.

“What really happened just now? Xu Peng’s expression was really strange.” While Chen Rui drove the car, he felt the situation was really strange, he could tell that there was something wrong, but he wasn’t clear what exactly it was in the end.

“This auction was just a trap designed by Zheng Junming and them for me, but I didn’t follow their desired plan, naturally they would be anxious.” Jing Yang had already understood through the system, that friend of Zheng Junming is a quite ruthless person, Xu Peng being so anxious and worried should be because he was very clear that with that person’s quite unreasonable nature, he would definitely take his anger out on him (XP). Without even needing him (JY) to act, Xu Peng would not have any good ending.