(Arc-8.12)

Chapter 107
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.12)

The people of Fetani made a huge fuss, and John used this situation to keep pressuring Wilkesa to hand over Jing Yang.

Denanfry had already reached a consensus with all of the senior leaders in Wilkesa that they would never agree to give Jing Yang back to Fetani. After understanding the history between them, they agreed with Denanfry helping Jing Yang expose John’s real face, with the condition that Jing Yang had to remain in Wilkesa for good.

So John made a huge fuss on his side by himself, and Denanfry and the rest didn’t respond or pay attention. But this was all only temporary, and when they seized some evidence, they would naturally fight back.

The first mecha designed and manufactured by Jing Yang himself had been completed. Then, according to his design, the mechanical team of the First Fleet created a whole batch of new mechas under his supervision.

After a period of testing, Denanfry announced publicly that he would conduct the first real-life test of the mechas on the most powerful pirate gang in the universe, the Poison Wolves.

In the other countries’ view, this was a very bold and risky decision. And even the people of the Wilkesa Empire found this decision irrational.

The Poison Wolves had roamed the universe for so many years, they naturally had their own strengths. They were not only proficient at group attacks but also very good at cooperating to escape. Every time they hijacked a passenger ship or cargo ship, they only wanted goods and not lives, and they would only kill those who fought back. As long as they didn’t resist, the Wolves would not take lives. And they even said that the things they robbed were used to relieve poor, less developed planets, so they also called themselves benevolent pirates.

But robbery is robbery, and crime is crime. No matter how well the Wolves painted themselves, they couldn’t change the fact that they violated all property rights. What they called relief for poor planets was actually just for the benefit of having those planets to cover for their escape. Even if they really did act to help save those less developed planets, those who were robbed by them didn’t owe those people anything. Their poverty and lack of development wasn’t created by those people who were robbed, so for what reason should the property that belonged to them be robbed in the name of being a benevolent pirate.

There are many countries in the universe that hate the Poison Wolves, especially those with abundant resources but not enough technology or mechanical ability to capitalize on the trade in resources. Because they are the Poison Wolves’ key robbery targets, every year they lose a significant amount of resources to the Poison Wolves, so they could be considered to have a bitter hatred for them.

One of the most important reasons why the Poison Wolves have still not been annihilated after so many years is that the location of the planet they occupied was very special and was the type of planet that had a natural geography that was easy to defend. Even though there were no resources on the planet, no property, and no development, it was extremely suitable for these pirates who robbed for a living.

There was another important reason why the Poison Wolves were able to roam the universe for so many years. Jing Yang let Denanfry wait until he seized the evidence for it after annihilating them before making this evidence public.

~

“I hear that Wilkesa’s First Fleet is going to attack the Poison Wolves?” Avery asked John.