(Arc-1.2)

Chapter 3
Gourmet Food Heir (Arc 1.2)

Jing Yang opened the system's numerical adjustment functions, in addition to things like appearance, temperament, and physical condition, a countless number of various skills could also be adjusted. He was too lazy to go through and choose the items one by one, instead simply letting the system automatically adjust for him according to the desires of the original owner.

When he heard the doorbell ring, Jing Yang got up from bed and opened the door.

Chen Rui looked at Jing Yang, who had disheveled hair and was still wearing a nightgown, and asked doubtfully, "You just got up? Didn't you really pay attention to this auction? Earlier you even did a lot of preparation just for today, now that it's finally here, you're actually no longer concerned about it anymore?"

Jing Yang pushed at his disheveled hair and said to Chen Rui, "You sit for a bit, I'm going to go wash up."

While Jing Yang washed up, he brought up the information related to Chen Rui. Chen Rui was Lu Xuexian's maternal aunt's grandson, which meant he's also Lu Jingyu's distant cousin only younger than him by a few months. But his parents died early, and he was brought up by Lu Jingyu's mother's aunt.

Since childhood, Chen Rui had a good relationship with Lu Jingyu, they were classmates and friends, as well as cousins. When Lu Jingyu was framed and chased because of offending Zheng Junming, only he (CR) still accompanied and supported him (LJY), but his ending was also not great...

In a man-made car accident, Chen Rui was killed while trying to protect Lu Jingyu. At that time Lu Jingyu held the blood-soaked Chen Rui waiting for the ambulance to come, but even after a long time it still didn't show up. With his last breath, Chen Rui told Lu Jingyu that he had to keep living well, that he should live even better than that Zheng Junming.

At that time Lu Jingyu was endlessly grieved, he hated that his ability wasn't enough and even needed Chen Rui to sacrifice his own life to protect him, but he didn't even have enough ability to help Chen Rui revenge...

From now on, he, Jing Yang, is Lu Jingyu, and Lu Jingyu's every desire, he would take them as his own business to complete.

After he finished washing up, Jing Yang opened the fridge to prepare breakfast, luckily even though the original Lu Jingyu wasn't that great at cooking, but he still had the habit of cooking, so the fridge was pretty well stocked.

"You're still going to make breakfast?" Chen Rui was surprised and asked, "The auction is going to start very soon, if we don't leave now we're going to be late. Are you not planning to go?"

"We won't be late, and even if we did get there late, it's no big deal." Jing Yang took out some meat and eggs, scallions, vegetables, and other ingredients. There were still some leftovers in the rice cooker, so he prepared to make some fried rice. He's been a chef for several lifetimes, even though his cooking is pretty good, it couldn't be considered amazing. Now he used the system to adjust his cooking skill to the highest, and wanted to test out the effect.

Chen Rui saw him calmly actually starting to make breakfast, and was still very doubtful. He dragged over a high stool to sit across from Lu Jingyu at the table where he was cutting vegetables. "Bro, I found that you seem to be a little different today."

Putting the chopped vegetables to one side, Lu Jingyu was preparing to start cutting the meat when he raised his head to look at him (CR). "Where am I different?"

"I thought that you drank too much last night and now should have been in a hungover state, at least with a dispirited expression, but for some reason you actually look radiant, as if you've become even more handsome than before." Chen Rui wasn't really trying to compliment him, but truly felt that he looked different, carefully observing his state, it seemed like he had changed into a different person.