Arc-(9.14)

Chapter 127
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.14)

The door of the cell opened, and Corey came in with an empty gaze, as if he were a soulless puppet. Abby huddled against the wall trembling. His haggard face was filled with pain and sadness, looking at Corey with a pitiful expression and tears in his eyes.

Corey stood in the middle of the cell for a long time before slowly turning to Abby and looking at him.

“Corey…” Abby carefully called out to Corey, his voice hoarse.

Corey’s gaze turned vicious. He walked over to Abby, who was frightened by his eyes and had hurriedly shifted back until he reached the wall.

“My father is gone.” Corey gritted through his teeth.

Abby stared in surprise. “The king is de, dead?”

“Not the king, but my father! The current king is royal uncle Reibar, not my father, because he is already dead, he’s dead!!” Corey roared at Abby.

Abby closed his eyes in pain and turned his head, because he was afraid to look at Corey’s gaze.

Corey pinched Abby’s neck and said, “This is all because of you! It’s all because of you! You killed my father!”

Abby was almost suffocated by his pinch. He tried to pry his fingers off his neck and squeezed out, “Corey…, not, this…so, rry…”

“My father, in order to let me inherit the throne, used his own life to exchange for a pureblooded mermaid to marry me. The result was that because of your impersonation, you destroyed everything that my father had paid his life for! Why were you not the one who died! Why weren’t you the one who died!” Corey loosened Abby’s neck, slapping him hard.

Abby fell to the ground. An entire half of his face had turned hot and swollen, blood dripping out of his nose. He lay there on the ground and couldn’t come to his senses for a long time.

Corey grabbed Abby’s hair and lifted him from the ground. He looked at his face and said, “You keep saying here and there that you did it because you love me, but in the end you not only killed my father, but you also destroyed everything I had. Why did you have to show up? Just because I saved you when I was a kid, I have to pay such a price?!”

“My father also died.” Abby cried. “In order to let me be by your side, my father also gave his life. I am also in great pain, I also didn’t want it to become this way.”

“So what?!” Corey’s face was filled with so much fury it looked grotesque. “For your so-called love, you sacrificed your dearest people and even sacrificed my dearest people, you’re going through a lot huh?! Someone as selfish and ugly as you simply does not deserve to live in this world!! Do you know how much I hate you?! Do you know?!”

Corey punched and kicked Abby in the face, and Abby screamed miserably. Abby never dreamed that he would experience what he was going through, not only hated by his most loved person, but even punched and kicked by him.

Abby felt that his bones had broken. Nowhere in his body didn’t hurt, he was in so much pain that he couldn’t even make a sound. He lay paralyzed on the floor as if he were unconscious. He really hoped that he would be able to faint right now, but his consciousness was still very clear.

“I truly really want, really want to personally kill you! But Royal Uncle said, you can’t die, hahaha…” Corey laughed wildly. “Someone like you actually can still live, actually can’t die, even if you die a thousand times, a million times, it still won’t be enough!”

After venting, Corey went out blankly just like when he came in, as if he had no soul.

Abby lay on the ground for a few days. Every day, someone would bring him a bowl of porridge and a bowl of soup. Abby really couldn’t understand, did they want to let him die or let him live. Or, did they want to make him live wishing for death.