Arc-(9.6)

Chapter 119
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.6)

Corey called over the palace doctor to take a look at Abby. The doctor said that his body didn’t have a problem, and as long as he drank a bit of calming medicine and rested properly, he would be fine.

After Corey watched Abby drink some medicine and saw him fall asleep, he didn’t sleep with him, but got up and left the room.

When Corey left, Abby immediately opened his eyes. He held his blanket tightly, and because he was too panicked, even his heart was beating at an abnormal speed.

He never thought that Leann would actually appear in the palace, and was even together with Reibar. McAnton that trash, didn’t he say that he had brought Leann back and tortured him at home every day? He actually dared to deceive him!

That day at the auction hall, McAnton not only failed to buy Jing Yang but also lost a large sum of money to Downey. He was afraid to tell the truth to Abby, because he relied on Abby saying good things about him to the prince for his business to continue to grow. He thought that it was just an unimportant artificial mermaid, and maybe it wouldn’t take long for Abby himself to forget about him. Even if he remembered and said that he wanted to see him, he could say that he had tortured the mermaid to death, so he lied to Abby.

When he encountered Leann in the countryside, at first Abby didn’t believe that he was a real pureblooded mermaid, because his face did not look anything like the original mermaid. But after hearing him speak out everything that had happened, he finally believed that the real pureblooded mermaid had really found his way to the door. Later when they went back, he thought that why his appearance would turn into that was likely because of the absence of the bead. But why did his current appearance start to look like how he looked originally? What the hell was going on here?

The bead! That right, his bead! Abby wanted to get out of the bed, but because he was too anxious he hadn’t even completely lifted up the quilt and his feet got tangled up with the quilt, tumbling down from the bed. He got up again, ran into the dressing room, took a box out in the darkness, and opened it with a key hanging around his neck.

Seeing that the bead was still sitting properly in the box, Abby was relieved, sitting down on the ground with weak legs, almost paralyzed. He held onto the box tightly. This was his, it had been exchanged using his father’s life, and he would never let anyone seize it.

A vicious glint suddenly appeared in Abby’s eyes. Regardless of whether Leann had reemerged to take back his bead or to debunk his identity, he would never let him succeed. Since he had escaped several times and was still unwilling to find somewhere to live in a low-key manner, and just had to ruin his good things, then he would let him know what was called regret.

~

After leaving the bedroom, Corey didn’t return to the banquet but went to visit the king.

“Father, are you feeling better?” Corey stood by the bed, watching the king on the bed with concern.

The king nodded. “I’ve taken the medicine and am already much better, don’t worry too much. How is the banquet going, how are those officials’ reactions and attitudes?”

“The banquet…” Corey hesitated.

“What’s going on? Did something happen?” The king frowned.