(Arc-2.1)

Chapter 17
Unstable Chinese Republic (Arc 2.1) auroranovels.wordpress.com

Jing Yang opened his eyes and saw a dark green canopy veil, turning his head, he found that he was lying down on a spacious wooden bed. Looking at this bed and the bedding style, it seemed like he had gone into ancient times this time?

He lifted up the mosquito net and got off the bed, looking around. The decorations were all classic and exquisite, he only needed to take one look at those flower vase arrangements and could assess their value.

Just from looking at this room, this body’s original host should have been the young master of a rich family. In the family there may be sometraveling salesmen, even though the room had a desk, there were only some account books, no literature.

He sat down at the desk and casually pulled open a drawer, a watch? Jing Yang took out the watch and played with it a while, and then thought of a different possibility. From the bottom of the drawer he took out a box and opened it to take a look. It was a gun, from the shape and structure of the gun, this should be the Ming Guo, it shouldn’t be wrong.

Jing Yang had gone back to the Chinese Republic several times, but every space-time’s background history would have many differences. How this space-time would be, he would still receive the information about this body and about this world from the system ba, he’ll stop the guessing game.

Jing Yang leaned back in the chair, his consciousness entering the system.

This body’s original name is Cheng Junxi, he was the eldest young master of the Cheng family. The Cheng family had been merchants for four generations, the family was large and business was also strong, they not only had tea shops but also clothing workshops and restaurants, etc., types of business.

The number of males in the Cheng family was low, Cheng Junxi’s father was the only son in three generations, but to Cheng Junxi’s generation, he was not the only son.

Cheng Junxi’s mother was a young lady of the royal family, and when she was marrying to Cheng fu, even though the royal family was already on the verge of collapse, but in any case the emperor was still on the throne, and Cheng Junxi’s grandfather at that time also had a pretty high position. When she was marrying into the Cheng family, it was considered as marrying downward.

Cheng Junxi’s grandfather knew very clearly, the Luoshi dynasty was already almost at its end, how they as officials would end up was hard to say. He had his daughter married downward into the well-off Cheng family because he had thought well of the family’s ample resources and more simple-minded people, he only hoped that his daughter would be able to live her lifetime smoothly and without any worries.

The first few years Cheng Junxi’s parents were married, they were in loving affection of a married couple, in perfect harmony. When Cheng Junxi was around 2 years old, when Cheng fu went out for business, he fell in love with an opera singer. Not caring about the opposition of the family members, he insisted on marrying back this opera singer.

That opera singer was surnamed Xu, her outward appearance was delicate and soft, yet she was an extremely scheming woman inside. She entered the Cheng family as a concubine, and Cheng Junxi’s parents’ relationship became increasingly disharmonious and embarrassed.

Cheng Junxi’s mother was a royal young lady, she wasn’t some woman without any methods. The education that she received since she was small allowed her to maintain the dignity of a proper wife, not quarrelsome or noisy. For the Cheng fu that she had already been very disappointed with, she already no longer wanted to retrieve his heart back. She only spent her thoughts on her son, doing her best to control the family property in her hands.