(Arc-1.4)

Chapter 5
Gourmet Food Heir (Arc 1.4)auroranovels.wordpress.com

Today Jing Yang went to pay a visit to one of Lu Deyuan’s old friends, this elderly man has a very high status in the literary world, you could describe him as a person of high virtue and prestige.

When this venerable Zhang was young, he really enjoyed eating Lu Deyuan’s cooking, so the two of them became friends. Why Jing Yang would go to call on him, besides the fact that he had a very good relationship with Lu Deyuan, was because this elderly had a very extensive network, people from all walks of life would give face to him.

When Lu Jingyu was very small, he had accompanied Lu Deyuan to see Zhang gentleman a couple times, then never saw him again. So when Jing Yang suddenly came to visit him, Zhang lao was somewhat surprised.

That year when Lu Deyuan suddenly died, Zhang lao was also very sorrowful, so when today his old friend’s only grandson came to call upon him, even though he knew that he definitely had some request, but on the basis of he and Lu Deyuan’s former friendship, he still courteously received him.

Jing Yang also didn’t bring up the reason for his visit and only chatted with Zhang lao, he had already experienced over a thousand worlds, so he completely didn’t need to worry about not having anything to talk about with Zhang lao. Even if it were on literary topics, his own attainments in that field also wouldn’t be worse than Zhang lao.

In the process of chatting, Zhang lao actually admired him more and more, the two people chatted with great enthusiasm. Before, Zhang lao would sometimes hear people mention him, he heard that he was ignorant and incompetent, every day he would only gather his friends to drink and play, very degenerate. For this he had actually pitied his old friend for a while. But from today, it seems like rumors still couldn’t really be taken seriously.

Zhang lao’s children and grandchildren all had their own activities, and he also enjoyed peace and quiet, so he did not live with his children, instead living by himself in a small mountain villa. In the villa he had a cook and two servants to help take care of his daily life. When it came time to prepare dinner, Jing Yang took the initiative to request making this dinner.

When Zhang lao was young, his most favorite dish was beef stew with potatoes. Now that he’s older, his teeth aren’t as good, and eating too much meat isn’t good for his digestion, so he only eats the potatoes in the beef and potato stew. Plus he has very high standards for the potato taste and texture.

Zhang lao was sitting in the drawing room drinking tea and reading the news when he smelled a great fragrance floating out from the kitchen. His saliva almost overflowed and his stomach also started rumbling. He was a famous foodie in his youth, otherwise with his aloof manner in those days, he wouldn’t have rushed to make friends with Lu Deyuan only in order to borrow the friendship to be able to eat good food at any time.

Several decades later, Zhang lao could be considered to have eaten gourmet food from all over, and his standards for his food became higher and higher. His home chef’s cooking, to other people was already very good, yet when he ate it, he only thought it was ordinary. But today, for this beef stew with potatoes, just the fragrant smell was enough to strongly stimulate his appetite.

Zhang lao couldn’t sit still anymore and walked to the kitchen door with his hands behind his back, staring intently at the pot on the stove still stewing potatoes and beef.

Jing Yang turned his head and saw the elderly man standing at the kitchen door. “You’re hungry? I’ll be able to serve once I make a couple of appetizers, the vegetables in your vegetable garden are really great, pretty fresh.”