(Arc-4.4)

Chapter 44
Prince of Piano (Arc 4.4)

Every time before a competition, Corrica would still more or less get somewhat anxious, because he was very aware, that only by placing, only by achieving success, would he have the value to continue to stay in the Mooney family.

This time’s exam was arguably even more important than any other competition, and also made him even more anxious. He constantly comforted himself, he had practiced so much, from morning till night, and every day would practice so hard, he had already prepared extremely well, and he would be sure to succeed.

When he walked into the testing room and stood in front of the over 10 great master teachers, his palms could not help sweating and even trembling a bit. Especially when he saw Hai Weixiu sitting casually on the sofa, his breathing couldn’t even stay smooth.

He sat down in front of the piano, stealthily wiping his hands on his trousers, and started his performance. He had practiced this piece for a very long time, and it was only because he had a complete grasp of it that he dared to use it for the exam. He could not fail, because he had no path of retreat.

The Mooney family had hosted a pre-exam encouragement dinner party, which had invisibly increased his pressure even more. Every single person felt that he would definitely be able to get accepted, so if he made a mistake and failed to get in, and lost face for the Mooney family, all of the effort that he had put in previously would have been drastically discounted.

There was not a single thing that had belonged to him at the start, so he could only rely on his own ability to go fight for them. His outstanding piano ability was precisely his capital for striving for everything. The care from the Mooney family, Faith’s love for him, were all things that he had relied on himself to win over bit by bit. He knew that some of his behavior was very despicable, but he wanted to be happy, so he had to do it like this. Even if he harmed others to achieve this, he would also not care.

If he could become Hai Weixiu’s student, that was equivalent to acquiring a means of advancement straight into the heavens. Who knows how many people longed for this, he was willing to exhaust his entire life’s good fortune to try to obtain success this time.

While Corrica was performing, the more than 10 master teachers each sitting in their own separate armchairs would occasionally make a note on their papers. Only Hai Weixiu kept his head turned, looking outside the window at the garden. It was very obvious that his mind was already wandering and he was entirely not even listening to Corrica.

Faith was sitting in the big hall to wait when he saw Corrica come out, and he immediately stood up and walked over to him.

“How was it?” Faith saw that Corrica’s face was somewhat ugly, so he supported him to sit down on a nearby chair.

“I made a mistake, I made two mistakes…” Corrica held his chest, his breathing somewhat difficult.

“It’s not a big deal, exams allow mistakes. Two mistakes is very normal, and won’t be considered too many.” Faith rubbed his back and reassured.

“But, but…” Corrica’s breathing became more and more difficult, and he was already unable to finish speaking.

As a child, Corrica had asthma, and after he was adopted, the Mooney family had spent quite a sum in order to give him treatment and piano lessons. His asthma had not been triggered for many years—perhaps it was because he had been progressing too smoothly and had suddenly become extremely stressed, and also was stimulated by his own mistakes, so he would have what seemed to be an asthma attack.

Faith hastened to support him up to walk out. “Don’t worry, you will definitely not have a problem. Let’s go, we’ll first go home to rest.”