Arc-(9.8)

Chapter 121
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.8)

The sun shone down on the people. The king and the officials had sat in the square for a long time. Even though there was a shelter set up in the square, the high temperature made everyone start to sweat nonstop. Even so, there wasn’t even a single dark cloud in the sky.

The last time Abby summoned the rain, it had also taken a long time, so even though there was no movement in the sky, the king and the officials were not surprised.

Reibar turned to look at Jing Yang. He was closing his eyes to feel the energy of the bead. From this distance, he was able to control the bead by force.

When feeling the magic force from Jing Yang, the bead constantly shook in Abby’s hands. Abby felt very panicked in his heart, but he still clung desperately to the bead, not letting it break free.

Abby slightly opened his eyes and looked at Jing Yang closing his eyes below him. He had already guessed that Jing Yang was controlling the bead. Besides panic, Abby also felt hatred toward Jing Yang. This was the happiness he had gotten with so much difficulty, the happiness that his father and so many uncles had sacrificed their lives to get, how could it be easily seized. He must hold tight to this happiness, and no one could think about ruining his life.

After a long time, Jing Yang finally opened his eyes, looking toward Abby on the platform.

Reibar held Jing Yang’s hand. Jing Yang turned to look at him, and seeing Reibar’s eyes with inquiry, Jing Yang nodded, telling him that he had finished.

Abby felt that the bead finally stopped shaking and thought that Jing Yang had run out of power to control the bead. Joy filled his heart, and he quickly refocused his spirit, trying to activate the magic in the bead.

Time slowly passed. It was already almost afternoon, but there was still not a hint of movement in the sky. The king’s body was already weak and he felt like he couldn’t really bear it anymore, but if he left first, the officials would definitely immediately become restless. So he held on. At least, if he sat here and the officials were impatient, they would be afraid to show it.

Abby could tell that his own body had become soaked with sweat, but this time no matter how much he concentrated, or how many times he thought of his father’s death over and over again, the bead and the sky were unresponsive.

The sky gradually darkened. Not because Abby had successfully activated the bead’s magic, but because the sun was already going down.

Abby began to panic again. The blood on his hands had long dried. He knew that he had to succeed today, and he had to think of a method to muddle through.

Abby kept thinking of what to do. What could he do? Then he thought of the only method that might work now. His body weakened, and he fell to the ground, pretending to faint.

Corey saw Abby fall to the ground. He immediately rushed onto the platform, holding the pale Abby in his arms, nervously shouting, “Abby, Abby, are you okay?!”

Since Abby had decided to pretend to faint, of course he wouldn’t respond to him. He completely appeared as if he was unresponsive.

Corey hurriedly picked up Abby and ran into the palace hall. While running, he shouted to the guards behind him, “Hurry up and call the doctor! Hurry!”

The king saw Abby faint, and his own body that had already felt uncomfortable had a feeling of wanting to faint. He originally wanted to stand up and say something to the officials, such as because Abby was unwell today the rain summoning would need to continue at some other time. They would wait for Abby’s health to improve, and then choose another time to continue. But when he opened his mouth, his body was so weak he couldn’t even speak, let alone stand up.