(Arc-3.8)

Chapter 35
Interstellar Internet Celebrity Live Broadcast Competition (Arc 3.8)

Kedi’s team crossed the hill and found a source of water in the jungle on the other side. They used the bamboo tube that they had taken from Jake earlier and filled it with water, boiling it on a fire.

The other people saw that they had managed to find water and also crossed the hill to fetch some.

Danny picked up the two empty bamboo tubes and said, “I’ll also go to fetch some water.”

Jing Yang glanced in the direction of the hill and cautioned, “Be careful.”

Jake picked up many dry branches and came back, placing them next to the fire. He crouched down to watch Jing Yang handle the black tree pigs. He looked at Jing Yang’s neat and efficient technique and said admiringly, “Your knife technique is really good, just your handling of the ingredients can be considered a performance. Besides recommending food and occasionally cooking on live stream, I would also like to become more skilled in my knife and cooking skills, but it’s too difficult. Once I leave the ingredients processing machine I become totally flustered and unable to deal with many ingredients properly.”

Jing Yang responded, “In fact, knife and ingredient handling isn’t all that mysterious. You just need to keep practicing every day, practice makes perfect.”

“Practice every single day…that’s too hard, I can’t help but go rely on the machine.” Jake held his chin.

Suddenly a cry came from the other side of the hill, but because it was too far away, the sound was not very clear. But Jing Yang still instantly heard it, and he immediately raised his head to look over there.

The sounds were getting closer and closer, and Jake could also hear them. He jumped to his feet, saying nervously, “What’s going on?”

The people who had gone over the hill to fetch water were all desperately running back, some were trying frantically to escape, their faces full of fear. Only after they got down the hill did they finally dare to look back, and seeing that nothing was chasing them, they finally let out a sigh of relief. But they were still wearing shocked expressions.

Danny was also one of the people running back. He felt as though he was already safe, so both his legs went soft and he collapsed on the ground, gasping for breath.

Jake quickly walked to his side and asked, “What’s going on? What happened?”

Danny’s breathing finally smoothed with great difficulty, and he responded, “There were snakes by the water! Lots of snakes!”

“What did they look like?” Jing Yang asked.

“Alternating rings of brown and yellow, their tails are very sharp. Many of us were scratched by their tails.” Danny rolled up his pant leg and exposed the wound.

Jing Yang took a look at his wound and said, “The pointed tail snake usually lives beside water that’s near lots of dead wood, but they don’t attack humans on their own initiative. Did any of you do something to provoke them?”

Danny carefully thought a bit and then shook his head, “No, we got some water from the side of the pond, and no one found any snakes there. They suddenly sprang out at us.”

“This kind of snake venom is not fatal, but if it is not treated immediately, the area of skin ulceration will grow larger. If it’s left in for too long, it can also be dangerous. I’ll go find some medicinal herbs.” Jing Yang turned and walked into the jungle.

Jake supported Danny to the side of the fire to rest.

The several people who had gone to fetch water just now also had their feet wounded like Danny, rolling up their pant cuffs to rest.