Arc-(9.12)

Chapter 125
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.12)

“You, you are…” The king stared wide-eyed at Jing Yang.

“I am the pureblooded mermaid who had originally come to marry His Royal Highness. Abby’s father seized my bead and allowed Abby to pretend to be me to marry His Royal Highness.” Jing Yang announced calmly.

“No!” Abby sat on the ground and shouted. “He’s lying! I didn’t seize his bead, that bead was originally mine! He’s the one who swallowed my bead, and then was able to display powers.”

The king looked at Abby and then looked at Jing Yang. Even though the facts were already placed in front of him, he still hesitated in his heart about who to believe.

Abby crawled over to Corey and shook his leg, crying, “Corey, believe me, I’m the real pureblooded mermaid! I’m the real one!”

Corey’s leg was being shaken by Abby but he didn’t even look at him. His eyes never moved away from Jing Yang, as if his soul had been sucked away.

“The bead is part of the body of a pureblooded mermaid. Only when they are inside the body of a pureblooded mermaid can they exert sufficient power. You took away my bead and believed that with my blood and your thoughts you could control the bead, but you didn’t know that such an approach would not always be effective. One day, you would cause a greater disaster.” Jing Yang told Abby, then looked at the king. “I can use my power to repair the ruby. Which of the two of us is the real mermaid, His Majesty can personally ask the mermaid king.”

Abby’s face turned pale and ugly. His body was completely paralyzed. He sat on the ground, his eyes full of despair.

The king trembled and pointed at Abby, wanting to say something. But he still hadn’t even said anything before he fainted directly.

“Your Majesty!”

“Your Majesty!”

The attendants hurriedly came forward to support him and called for the doctor, the hall devolving into a mess.

Corey finally came back to his senses and cried out, rushing toward the fainted king. “Father!”

The king was carried back to his bed. The officials looked at each other, not knowing what they should do.

Reibar glanced at Abby and said to the guards near the hall, “Bring this man away, wait for Royal Brother to wake up and dispose of him.”

Abby was dragged away by the guards without struggling or resisting, only watching Corey leave the hall with the king. There was still a trace of hope in his heart that Corey would look at the fact that they had loved each other and see that he had done it all for his sake, and then allow him to stay.

Reibar knew that the king had fainted from anger and would soon wake up. When he woke up he would definitely want to see him, so he just brought the ministers directly outside the king’s bedroom and waited.

Reibar took Jing Yang’s hand while they stood at the door. The two looked at each other, and Reibar pinched Jing Yang’s hand, using his gaze to appease him.

After the king woke up, the first words he spoke were to see Jing Yang and Reibar.

“Are, you the real, pureblooded mermaid?” The king lay down, looking very weak, but he still insisted on seeing them immediately.

“Yes, Your Majesty. I am the pureblooded mermaid who was supposed to marry the prince, but I was intercepted at sea by a group of pirates. The leader of those pirates was Abby’s father. Abby’s father seized my bead and collected a lot of my blood. Abby used my bead and blood in order to be able to call down the rain.”