(Arc-6.9)

Chapter 76
Legend of the Holy Light (Arc 6.9)

Barron’s death at the border didn’t attract any attention, and even as his cousin, Louis didn’t have time to take care of this matter. Because the recovery of the three lost cities was already urgent.

Just as Louis was preparing to continue to bring troops to expel the demons, the demons once again came to negotiate with them, but the location and method of the peace talks were to be determined by them.

Those civil servants felt that this time the opportunity had finally come, and even said that since Orede had already stated that he would not intervene, he should abide by his commitment and not intervene under any circumstances. The first chance to negotiate for peace had already been ruined by him, and the second chance to negotiate should be given to Louis.

Orede did not have any objection against Louis going to negotiate and reiterated his commitment not to meddle in their peace talks.

Those civil servants were full of self-confidence and prepared to negotiate with Louis. They felt that as long as Carnia was there, even if the negotiations finally broke down, they could still safely retreat.

Carnia had just been flogged a couple days ago, and then had been forced upon by Barron. But he still went with Louis to negotiate, acting as a source of inspiration and as a bodyguard. Even though Louis still did mind at least a little that he had had a relationship with Barron, he was still extremely moved by his unceasing support no matter the situation.

“Your body, can you hold on?” Louis looked at Carnia and asked with concern, he was worried that if the talks didn’t go well, they might need to start fighting.

“Don’t worry about me, I can endure.” Carnia showed a weak smile.

“Thank you, Carnia.” Louis held his hand.

“There’s no need to thank me, these are all what I willingly do for you. As long as you can succeed in the end, and still have me in your heart.” Carnia said.

“Rest assured!” Louis said with firm eyes. “I will never fail you!”

“I believe you.” Carnia slightly smiled.

Louis set off with his team, this time the negotiations were not in a building, but on the street in one of the three lost cities. Both sides brought a lot of soldiers to prevent the situation last time of being wiped out from happening again.

The content of the negotiations were still endlessly on the issue of the three cities. The demons refused to give up those three cities, and the humans also couldn’t let those three cities go. Both sides would not give in.

If it were still under the previous circumstances, Louis felt that it was just three cities, so he could just let them go. But now Orede’s body had recovered, and the emperor was not as weak as he had been before. If now he gave up those three cities to the demons like this, he would have basically completely lost the chance to compete with Orede.

They had been standing under the sun for half a day but still failed to get any results. Carnia felt very confused, did the demon king not know that he had come? How could those demons still be so stubborn in front of them?

Even though there were no results, at least they didn’t start fighting. Both sides decided to first go back to discuss, and then continue the talks tomorrow.

Before both sides were about to retreat, the demon general said: “The negotiations can be taken slowly, but you must immediately give us back our demon elder.”

The demons still did not know that their elder had already been killed by Orede, and thought that he had just been imprisoned.

Louis’s face showed some uncontrollable guilt. He exchanged glances with those civil servants and said to the demon general: “When our negotiations come to an end, we will naturally let him go.”