(Arc-4.9)

Chapter 49
Prince of Piano (Arc 4.9)

As the dinner party was coming to an end, Kurt wanted to bring Jing Yang back home together and take advantage of this opportunity to talk to Hai Weixiu. But before he could find the right chance to go forward, Hai Weixiu had already left with Jing Yang.

The Mooney family returned home, and after Susan finished showering and came out of the restroom and lay down on the bed, Kurt told her, “There is less than a year before Avi will turn 19 years old. We need to quickly determine his and Faith’s wedding date first, and then in a few months, we will start preparing.”

Susan was silent for a while. “But…Faith very obviously likes Corrica, he has also said to me multiple times that he does not want to marry Avi.”

“Can this kind of matter be decided by him?” Kurt responded unhappily. “If he doesn’t marry Avi, then after Avi takes away all the money, this family will go bankrupt. Then what is he going to use to allow Corrica to continue to learn piano?”

“What if Faith adamantly refuses? We also can’t just forcefully pressure him to hold a wedding ah, what would that look like.”

“If he isn’t willing, I will send Corrica away and let him forever never be able to think about seeing him again.” Kurt revealed a hardened and strict expression on his face.

“Then…our family has raised Corrica for so many years and spent so much money on him, wouldn’t we have wasted it all then?” Susan asked.

“At today’s dinner party, you saw Avi’s behavior. Right now he is Hai Weixiu’s student, and in the future he will know many people of high status. For our Mooney family, this will be of great assistance, but if we want Corrica’s help, we still don’t know how many years we would have to wait for that to happen. If his further music development could become even greater, that would obviously be very good, and we would not have wasted all of the effort and care our family has put into him these years. But right now no matter from what perspective we’re looking at, he is not as valuable as Avi, and our family cannot collapse just because of him.”

Susan was silent. She felt that what her husband said was very reasonable, but she was still concerned that her son might be sad.

“If Faith is willing to follow our plans, leaving Corrica behind is also not impossible. Even though we can’t give him any status, if they maintain a relationship privately, I will also turn a blind eye as long as they don’t cause any problems or humiliate our Mooney family.” Kurt added.

~

In the afternoon the next day, Jing Yang was brought back to the Mooney family again.

“You’ve returned, Avi.” The moment Jing Yang entered, Susan walked over and pulled his hand happily toward the dining room. “We’ve already prepared dinner and we’re just waiting for you to come back. Come and look, it’s all dishes that you like.”

After Jing Yang sat down, they finally started eating. In the past, even if Avi was right at home, they would still never wait for him to sit down at the table before beginning to eat.

Not too long after dinner started, Susan exchanged a glance with her husband and said to Jing Yang, “Avi, next year you will be turning 19. Your uncle and I have discussed a bit, and we will set you and Faith’s wedding day on your birthday, what do you think?”

The fork in Corrica’s hand fell on his plate, letting out a ringing sound. Everyone turned their gazes toward him, and he hurriedly lowered his head to conceal his own expression.

Faith was very unhappy about his mother’s words, and just when he wrinkled his forehead and was about to say something, Jing Yang put down his utensils and spoke a step before him. “Uncle, aunt, there’s a matter that it looks like I will have to speak clearly about today. Faith and my engagement is not valid, and I will also not marry him.”