(Arc-8.3)

Chapter 98
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.3)

Jing Yang was forbidden from touching any machinery and couldn’t even sit on a wheelchair anymore. He could only sit on the bed and lean against the wall, fiddling with his fingers. Because he was truly too bored, he asked a nurse for some paper and pen to pass the time in the most primitive way in existence.

Jing Yang was immersed in vigorously scribbling and writing and completely lost track of time. Just like this, a morning quickly passed. It wasn’t until Denanfry and Morgan came in that he finally paused, looked up at them, and then continued to write on the paper. “The general is finally here. Don’t hesitate to ask what you want to ask, or else I’ll be so bored I’ll grow mold in the corner.”

“I am Morgan, the head of the mechanical team.” Morgan introduced himself and then said, “I heard that you wanted to work with us, but we will at least need to know your specific abilities in order to make sure that your value meets the standards of being able to cooperate with us. Regarding that wheelchair that you modified, I hope that you can explain in detail the transformation process.”

“It seems that you have already finished negotiating my treatment.” The pen that had been moving nonstop finally stopped. He handed Morgan those papers that were already filled with writing. “This is the entire process about the wheelchair’s modification. I won’t bother to explain, you can just take it and slowly look over it. The explanation should be very detailed, and there shouldn’t be any parts that you don’t understand.”

Morgan just quickly skimmed over the contents of a page, but the more he read the more excited he got. He couldn’t wait, saying to Denanfry, “General, I want to first go back to the workshop and study these contents with the rest of the team. I feel like using these ideas on mechas is also very plausible.”

“Go ahead.” Denanfry responded.

Morgan’s footsteps hurried away, leaving only the two of them in the room.

Denanfry sat down in the chair next to the bed and said to Jing Yang, “Like you said before, you are indeed very capable. Morgan has a very high opinion of you and wants for me to let you stay. Even though you used that wheelchair to demonstrate your capability, we still can’t speak about cooperation. You should know, no matter how strong your own personal ability is, compared to an army, it’s not equivalent at all. You can voice your ideas and our military staff can evaluate the value of it, and then decide whether or not we want to ask you to do it.”

Jing Yang said, “In reality, whether it’s cooperation or using service to get your help, there isn’t much of a difference to me, as long as I can achieve my purpose of getting revenge. But I think that you all may have misunderstood, modifying the wheelchair was just to get your attention, and not to prove my ability. After getting your attention, only then can I prove my worth. As for what I want you to do, why not wait until I prove my strength to discuss it?”

“How do you want to prove it?” Denanfry looked at Jing Yang’s delicate and pale face. He felt that this seemingly thin man seemed to be hiding an immense strength in his body. What could have supported this huge amount of strength? Was it hate?

“The twelve planets in the Jinming star cluster were first discovered by the Wilkesa Empire, and it was also the Wilkesa Empire who drove away the insects there.” Jing Yang slowly said. “Even though Jinming isn’t suitable for human habitation, there are a large amount of precious metals there, essentially a huge money vault. It’s a pity that even though the Wilkesa Empire took the lead in occupying the area, they were unable to mine the metals and had to withdraw when the cosmic storm started. After the storm passed, John Dottley brought his soldiers and took the lead in occupying the planets, and his brother Avery also led a team that has already almost finished researching equipment for mining those metals.”