(Arc-1.9)

Chapter 10
Gourmet Food Heir (Arc 1.9) auroranovels.wordpress.com

The competition results caused Zheng Junming to suffer a huge psychological shock, he left the competition site with a pale complexion, which was wantonly reported by the media. Zheng Junming had no way to accept the fact that he had lost to Lu Jingyu, Zheng Jianlin also similarly had no way to believe that the son he had diligently guided to grow up actually would lose to the son that he had constantly ignored and disregarded.

The theme of the overall championship round was spring, everything else was left up to the chef to decide. Jing Yang stunned the entire crowd with his 春暖花开 dish, and became the overall champion.

During the course of the competition, Jing Yang created several records, including being the first to receive an unanimous vote from the public vote, being the first youth group chef to become the overall champion, and also being the first chef whose evaluations were all positive.

Jing Yang made a name for himself with this competition, and Lu De Ji’s business became even more flourishing. Even the other two branches that had not even officially opened yet had already been completely booked.

But just because Lu De Ji’s business was flourishing, didn’t mean that Zheng De Ji’s business wasn’t good. Even though their (ZDJ) business was somewhat influenced, they still remained in a normal business state.

Jing Yang’s goal wasn’t to snatch back Zheng De Ji and to change them back to the original Lu De Ji. Zheng De Ji had already been controlled by Zheng Jianlin for many years, he had already cultivated large numbers of his own people. Even if he grabbed them back there wouldn’t be much of a meaning. Jing Yang’s purpose was actually to completely collapse Zheng De Ji and the Zheng family father and son.

Many news media wanted to interview Jing Yang, and Jing Yang agreed, simply holding a press conference the day before the grand opening of his restaurant branches.

In order to be able to hear some more explosive topics to seize more publishing space, many reporters only wanted to ask about some possibly controversial topics. Naturally, the relationship between Lu Jingyu and the Zheng family father and son was unavoidably asked about.

The reporters asked some relevant questions, one of them asked, “We heard that before you were a young master who only knew how to drink and play, then may I ask when you started learning how to cook?”

Jing Yang responded, “I don’t deny that I used to have the habit of drinking excessively, because the depression in my heart couldn’t be relieved, I could only rely on drinking to numb myself. I had self-studied how to cook since I was small, because no one taught me, I could only rely on the notes and Lu family recipes that my grandfather had left behind, and ponder over them bit by bit. Because I traveled a highly winding road, I wasn’t very confident in myself, and I didn’t dare to rashly show the food that I had cooked in front of others, fearing that I would lose face for my grandfather. So until I felt that my cooking was presentable, I finally thought of opening Lu De Ji and reviving the Lu family dishes.”

The reporter: “You said that your drinking was because the depression in your heart couldn’t be relieved, then may I ask what was the reason that had led to your depression?”

Jing Yang wiped his face and was silent for a while, then opened his mouth with some difficulty. “When I was still small, that day I went to school early, and because when I was still on the road I remembered that I had forgotten something, I had returned to the house to get it. And when I got back home…, I saw with my own eyes…, my mother, was falling right at that time, she fell on the marble floor, and so much blood flowed…”