(Arc-8.5)

Chapter 100
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.5)

By the time the other countries let down their guard, Wilkesa had already taken full control of the Jinming star cluster. They constructed military strongholds that could withstand the wind storms on every planet, each armed with powerful long-range artillery and armor that could be deployed at any time. When the wind storms arrived, they would hide in the buildings waiting for the storm to pass. In any case, during the storm, no other army could get close to the Jinming cluster. After the storm passed, they would begin mining precious metals again and were ready at any time to defend themselves.

At first, the more low-key they were the less likely they would incite suspicion. But now that everyone else was already harboring doubts, they didn’t hide anymore, transferring large numbers of troops from the capital planet and garrison planets to protect the mining and transportation.

The news that Wilkesa had already started mining the precious metals of the Jinming star cluster spread back to the empire and basically led to a national celebration. Even though for now they didn’t know how their country had actually managed to achieve this, this didn’t prevent them from celebrating in euphoria.

The other countries had originally not really believed any of this was actually true. But when they received this exact news and saw through the screen all of the cargo ships filled with precious metals—every day several dozens of ships would transport cargo to the Wilkesa Empire—they were so jealous their eyes almost bled. But they also didn’t understand how the Wilkesa Empire had done it.

“Impossible?! How is this possible?!” John smashed everything breakable in his office to vent his fury. He completely could not accept this reality. In the past two years, they had invested so much human and financial resources into this, and he had only received so much support from the people and the officials by promising that he would definitely make those precious metals belong to the Fetani Empire. But now he was facing a helpless situation. His approval ratings were sure to fall, and he would be blamed. His prestige, which he had managed to raise over the years with much difficulty, would be hit hard.

The soldier who had come to report was hit by the objects that John was smashing. Even though he was in pain, he still stood there, not daring to move an inch.

Avery rushed into John’s office like a gust of wind, roaring even before his feet stopped moving. “Brother! Wilkesa has already started mining the precious metals, what are you waiting for?! Hurry up and bring soldiers to the Jinming star cluster to grab it ah!!”

John breathed heavily and wiped his face, making himself calm down slightly. He said to Avery, “They have already occupied the Jinming star cluster now. If they really are able to make it so that they can stay there during the wind storms, we also have no way to seize it away.”

“Who says that there’s no way!” Avery slammed his hand on John’s desk, his emotions very excited. “Bring the troops directly to rob them and chase them away, isn’t that fine?! Our mechas are so much stronger than theirs, could it be that we are still afraid that we wouldn’t be able to seize it away?!”

“Avery, you don’t understand the current situation.” John tried to explain to him. “If we take the initiative to start a war with other federation powers, then we will become the public enemy of the Federation. Then no matter how strong our mechas are, against the entire Federation, we have no chance of winning.”