Arc-(9.10)

Chapter 123
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.10)

What followed was a continuous torrential downpour that lasted for several days. The streets of the capital and the dozens of cities surrounding it were filled with water. The rivers were rising, and many lands were flooded.

These days, Abby went every day to the square, hoping to activate the force in the bead so that the rain could stop. But every time he went to the square, the rain would fall even more heavily, making it so that he was afraid to even go.

Looking outside at the the rain that did not have any sign of stopping, the king’s expression was the same as the weather, gradually darkening.

“What the hell is going on here?” The king looked at Abby and asked.

“I don’t know what’s happening, I’ve never seen anything like this happen before.” Because the past few days he’s been standing outside in the rain, right now he had a high fever. He forced down the discomfort, answering the king nervously, “May, maybe my bead went out of control, which caused it to become this way.”

“Is there any way to deal with it?” The king asked.

“I will try my best.” Abby no longer dared to be too certain.

“You need to do so as soon as possible. If the rain goes on like this, the problem will be much worse than a drought.”

“Yes Royal Father. I will do my best to stop the rain.”

Corey supported Abby, whose body was very hot. “Father, I will bring Abby back to rest, he’s still burning. The bead’s power going out of control probably has to do with his body. It might be better to wait for him to get over his fever before continuing to use his power to stop the rain.”

“Go ahead.” The king waved them out. “Let the doctor give him some stronger medicine so he can get well as soon as possible. The rain can’t keep falling like this, we must stop it quickly.”

The two bowed and left the king’s palace.

Corey helped Abby back to his own room, and after drinking the fever medication, Abby lay down.

Abby gritted his teeth and endured. He knew that it must have been Leann who manipulated the bead last time, leading to this result. Damn it! Why didn’t he die! So that he could live and go against him?! No, if this goes on it wouldn’t work! He must find a way to take complete control of the bead.

The heavy rain kept pouring down for two or three more days. Not only were the rivers rising particularly severely, the water filling the cities was also very serious. If this went on, they would all be flooded.

Reibar saw that it was about time. He took the lead in bringing all of the officials to ask to see the king, and asked Abby to come forward.

“Reibar, what are you trying to do?!” The king looked gloomy, glaring at Reibar furiously. “I’m not dead yet, yet you dare to come force me to abdicate?”

These words from the king were very serious. If this charge was placed on Reibar’s head, he would have to pay the price even if Reibar was the heir to the throne designated by the previous king. Because the king had said that Reibar was to inherit the throne from the current king, and not that when Reibar was an adult the current king had to give the throne to Reibar.

The previous king’s decision seemed to favor Hegeni, but in fact, it was entirely in Reibar’s favor. The previous king had known very clearly that once someone got onto the throne, they would not easily want to fall from the throne. In order to make it so that Hegeni did not feel like he was forced to kill Reibar regardless of everything else, the previous king only designated Reibar to inherit Hegeni’s throne, which also gave Reibar time to grow stronger.