(Arc-7.5)

Chapter 84
Supermodel Competition (Arc 7.5)

The ad Jing Yang shot attracted a lot of attention, and what the netizens were most curious about was how in the end he was able to change his body so much in just little more than a month.

In this world, in order to prevent criminals from changing their appearances or physiques to escape capture, all private cosmetic surgery or surgical changes to the body were classified as criminal offenses. And now with the advanced technology, testing whether or not he had surgery on his face or body would be very easy.

In this era that revered beautiful physiques and health, everyone hoped that they could have a good body, so models became so popular. Because of the fast pace of life, everyone was also used to a fast and efficient lifestyle. But wanting to have a good body required shaping and maintenance over a long time.

And now there was someone who could use only a month of time to raise their own body to the perfect level. How could they not be curious, and how could they not want to know.

So on Arthur’s profile, even though there were still a lot of people scolding him, he was soon overwhelmed by messages asking how he had achieved it.

Jing Yang posted a dynamic of himself working out, and added a caption: there is no overnight perfection. I am myself, the fake me can never become the real me.

The netizens only half-understood his words. No overnight perfection was very easy to understand, but what did this “fake me can never become the real me” mean?

Jing Yang anonymously sent some things that he had investigated to a certain media company. This media company was competitors with the company that had previously published the news of Arthur being photographed on the street, or it could be said they were nemeses.

After receiving the information from Jing Yang, that media company was extremely excited, and immediately launched an investigation into the matter.

Two days later, the New Era Media broadcast a rather explosive news story, and invited five well-known news commentators to commentate live.

The theme of the news broadcast was: media fraud, framing peers.

The main content of the news broadcast was: over a month ago, a reporter on the street photographed Arthur Yang’s deformed figure, but it was actually fake. The person photographed was not the real Arthur Yang.

The news anchor spoke to the camera, “Just two days ago, we received a report that the Arthur Yang photographed a month ago on the street with a changed body was actually not the real Arthur Yang. We immediately investigated this matter and verified the truth of the situation. We also found the fake Arthur Yang who had been photographed, let’s see what he said.”

The footage transitioned to a scene outside the live set, where a reporter said to a man in his 30s to 40s, “Excuse me, what’s your name?”

“I, I am…” The man didn’t expect that a reporter would suddenly come and interview him, and looked slightly frantically into the camera, “I am Andrew.”

“Next I have a question, and I hope that Mr. Andrew can answer truthfully. After all, lying in front of the entire world is a very serious matter.” The reporter asked, “Mr. Andrew, more than a month ago, the Arthur Yang who had been photographed on the street was actually you, right?”

“…Yes, it was me.” Andrew didn’t have the guts to lie to the camera. He was afraid that if his lies were seen through, he would become the public enemy of the netizens.

“But why would that photograph of you on the street be said to be Arthur Yang? Can I ask you to clarify this situation?”

“I, I also don’t know ah.” Andrew denied in a somewhat panicked manner. “I really am not clear about what was going on. It’s just that one day someone came to find me and said that as long as I took a picture on the street and then went on the news, they could give me some money. They said that it was just some normal news, and I was just a passerby, so it wouldn’t have a big impact on me, so I just agreed. I also didn’t think that they would take my picture and say that it was Arthur Yang. I also don’t know what in the end was going on!”