(Arc-8.11)

Chapter 106
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.11)

Because Wilkesa was able to help Billiver mine the deep sea energy resources without polluting the oceans, the pressure on the king of Billiver instantly disappeared, and he received widespread approval from all of the kingdom’s citizens. So Mudatis publicly praised Wilkesa and Jing Yang, and announced that their cooperation this time would be proof of the two countries’ permanent diplomatic relationship.

The meaning of Mudatis’s words were very obvious. He wanted to say that as long as he was in power, no matter the circumstances, the Kingdom of Billiver would always stand on Wilkesa’s side.

The people of the Fetani Empire had already been extremely dissatisfied with John and Avery’s continuous defeats. It would have been fine if they had just not succeeded in two mining attempts, but they had even invested so much, didn’t this just make a joke out of the country’s resources?

John and Avery were already facing intense pressure from the public, and the Kingdom of Billiver was also urging them to quickly pay their compensation according to the contract. Their original plan to deal with Jing Yang could only be pushed off for the moment. They had to wait until the problems with the Kingdom of Billiver were handled before continuing down that path.

In any case, they already no longer had any hope of cooperating with Billiver. John and his men decided that they would simply act shamelessly until the end. They said that it was only because the information provided by Billiver was not reflective of reality that the problem of energy leakage would appear, so they believed that the Kingdom of Billiver should bear most of the responsibility.

Even though the Kingdom of Billiver was relatively less developed, as one of the first nations to join the Federation, they naturally would not be easily cowed. What they said in response was that the worse mechanical development of Billiver was something that all countries knew, and they had provided them everything they knew about the conditions of the seafloor. And they didn’t stipulate in the trial contract that Fetani couldn’t recheck the sea conditions themselves, so you’re going to blame me for not doing it yourself? Then how did Wilkesa know that they needed to re-explore the seafloor before mining?

The feud between the two sides continued endlessly, and in the end they went to the Federation Court for a verdict. Fetani’s position and influence in the Federation was much greater than that of Billiver, so in the end most were biased toward Fetani, leaving Billiver to take on two-thirds of the responsibility, and Fetani to compensate only one-third of the original contract.

The king of Billiver was very dissatisfied, but there was nothing he could do about a verdict that had already been announced publicly. They would just write down this debt and make Fetani pay for it when they had the chance.

Even though the verdict was that Fetani won, the public was still very dissatisfied with the outcome of the case. But they weren’t unhappy with Billiver. Acting based on the conditions of a contract was expected and correct behavior. They were unhappy with John, and this matter instigated chaos in the Fetani Empire. It was very obvious that it was John who took advantage of his power to bully others, which severely damaged Fetani’s image and tarnished Fetani’s reputation in the Federation. In the future, who would dare to trust them or cooperate with them.

Facing the growing discontent at home, John and Avery finally took action. They not only wanted to divert the public’s attention, but also wanted to direct the target to Jing Yang, hoping to create an even larger shock.