Chapter 2

"Shit." I mumbled as I woke up on my own without my alarm waking me up. I was late for work and completely slept through every alarm that I had. I jumped up and saw I had miss calls on my phone from my boss and I brushed my teeth and hair before pulling a dress on. I still looked good, I was just tired. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door before I could even drink a cup of coffee and I quickly drove to the school. Thank god I lived in the same town as the school, so it only took me about 15 minutes to get there-but it wouldn't look good on me for being so late.

When I finally got there I scanned my ID and signed in through the office. I went to walked through the staff door and ran into someone. It was almost like running into a brick wall, and I felt back on the floor.

"I'm so sorry." I sighed.

"No-I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I heard the same voice I talked to yesterday ask me. I looked up and saw it was officer Prescott and I nodded after he helped me back up.

"I'm okay. Sorry. Just running late." I sighed and fixed my dress.

"Well here's a coffee. You look like you need it-" he paused and handed me the one in his hand.

"I didn't drink out of it yet. There's just donuts and coffee in the faculty room so I took a coffee. Kind of need a boost too, but I'll get another." He said and I nodded. Normally I would deny the offer and would have gotten it myself, but I didn't have time so I just took it.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded.

"No problem. Have a good day." He said.

"You too." I smiled before walking away from him and I felt him watch me walk away and heard him go into the faculty room again. Thank god he didn't give me black coffee and it was made with creamer.

* * *

I was sitting at my desk after hours and I heard a knock on my door. I looked up and saw it was my boss and Officer Prescott and I motioned them to come in.

"Hey, Ms. Collins ." My boss said and I smiled.

"Hey. What's up? Am I getting arrested?" I joked to Officer Prescott and he chuckled and shook his head.

"No. Just need to ask some questions." My boss chuckled and he pulled two chairs up in front of my desk and they both sat down.

"It's nothing serious, but a student in your room was bullying another student. I was just wondering if you heard anything going on." He said and I shook my head.

"No, not at all. If I would have known I would have reported it right away." I said.

"Okay. I just was wondering because the parents called and it's a mess. I know you would have told us-I just wanted to make sure you didn't hear anything." He said.

"No. I didn't and I'm really upset that I didn't. Who was it?" I asked.

"We're not allowed to give that information." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Okay. Well I'm sorry. I hope everything's okay." I said and he smiled weakly.

"They are. We're talking to the parents too so we'll have it figured out." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said and my boss got up.

"Well I have to go do some paperwork. Have a good day Mrs Collins and Officier Prescott." He said and he left. He was really fast and blunt and it was really awkward and weird. He left me and Prescott alone too and he looked up at me and smiled weakly.

"He's weird isn't he?" He asked and I chuckled.

"They're all weird here besides a few people. You get used to playing along." I said and he smiled.

"Why did he bring you here for that?" I asked.

"I'm apparently getting trained." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"You're a cop. You've already been trained." I said.

"That's what I thought." He said and I chuckled. He got up and moved the chairs back.

"I would have done that." I said and he shook his head.

"It's alright. I'll let you do your job." He said and I shrugged.

"I'm just about to be finished." I said and he nodded.

"What's your first name?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"Uh-Bailey." I said and I felt my face getting red as he stared at me. I always was embarrassed introducing myself to new people. My first name sounded like a dog and I hated it.

"I'm Trevor. I'd rather call you your first name respectively than your last name. You're Ms Collins to the kids." He said and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled.

"I'm going to go walk the halls. I'll see you." He said.

"See you."