Chapter 122

"Go wake the kids up and surprise them before they wake up." I said quietly and he smiled and nodded before kissing me.

"I missed waking up next to you and kissing you." He said.

"I missed you more. Go wake them up." I chuckled and he got up. He went to Daks room first and I followed. He went to his crib and picked dak up and he got excitedly quietly.

"Daddy!" He said quietly and Trev chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Hey buddy." Trev said.

"Banana!" He said excitedly and Trev laughed.

"Sure. We can have bananas after we wake your sister up." He said and he put him down but held his hand. We walked to Kenzis room and he quietly opened her door and sat on the edge of her bed. He lightly shook her shoulder and she sleepily turned and looked up.

"Daddy?" She asked sleepily and her eyes widened.

"Daddy's home!" She basically screamed and jumped up into his arms. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her tightly and closed his eyes as he held her. He was so genuinely happy to be home and it made my heart so full.

"I missed you so much. How'd you sleep? It felt good being here and knowing you were safe." He said.

"Good." She said and he kissed her forehead and kissed daks cheek.

"I say we have a family day just watching movies on the couch and eating popcorn. After bananas and breakfast though. I need to be with you and just cuddle up with my kiddos and girl. I missed you so much." He said and I nodded.

"Sounds perfect to me." I said and he picked dak and kenz up into his arms.

"Okay. Let's go downstairs." He said and i followed him down. He put them down at the kitchen table and went in the fridge and grabbed bananas. There was a lot of alcohol in the fridge. A lot. I had invited Brielle over to drink some wine, but the wine changed to vodka mixed drinks and I started having a few drinks every night after the kids fell asleep. I knew he saw it, and I felt horrible for having it in the fridge. I should have hid it.

"What'd you do throw a party?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No. I'm sorry." I said and he nodded as he went over to dak and broke off pieces of banana for him.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I'm okay now. I wasn't." I said.

"Were you drinking?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'll get it out the fridge. It shouldn't be in there. I'm sorry-"

"I don't care. I just want you to be okay. I worry about you." He said and I nodded.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

* * *

I ended up falling asleep on Trevs chest while we were having our family day and I woke up from a bad dream a few hours later to him rubbing my back. I looked up at him sleepily and he smiled weakly. I barely even was conscious enough to know where I was.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said. I was literally sweating from the dream and went to get up and he stopped me.

"No. Lay here with me. I need to just lay here with you." He said softly.

"The kids are still up. We have to put them to sleep." I said.

"Babe, they're asleep. Relax. Calm down." He said softly and he rubbed my shoulder. I realized we were in bed and I calmed down. He must have brought me to bed.

"You put them to bed?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's 2am. You fell asleep and wouldn't wake up." He chuckled weakly.

"I'm sorry I was just tired-why are you still up?" I asked.

"I was worried about you but my time schedule is messed up anyway. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Are you sure the kids are okay?" I asked and I sat up in bed and threw the covers off me.

"They're fine. I tucked them in. Why are you freaking out-"

"Trev I worry about them. I got used to taking care of them on my own. I'm sorry for worrying about them." I said.

"Okay and that's fine. Just lay down. I'm sorry I was gone and fucked up." He said and I got up.

"Where are you going? Do not wake them up. It's 2am." He whispered and he followed me. I went to kenzs' room and she was sound asleep and he grabbed me.

"What's wrong? Why are you checking on them? Do you not trust me? I know how to take care of them." He said.

"I do trust you but I had a bad dream and I'm scared and-"

"Relax." He warned and I shook my head.

"Can I just make sure dak is okay?" I asked and he opened his door slowly and dak was nuzzled up in his crop sound asleep.

"I'll turn the baby monitor on if it makes you feel better to watch him." He said.

"Please." I sighed and he kissed the top of my head.

"Why did you just freak out?" He asked.

"My dream-"

"What was your dream about that made you jump out of bed at 2am and sprint to see the kids?" He asked.

"I can't remember." I lied.

"You're lying to me." He said. He wasn't wrong.

"I lost you." I said and his eyes softened.

"You aren't losing me." He said.

"You overdosed and I lost you." I said and he shook his head and cupped my cheeks.

"I'm done with it. I'm not going back. I promise you I'm a better man. I'm sober and will be forever from drugs. I'm not going back, okay?" He asked and I nodded and he kissed me.

"I'm just so scared." I said softly and he shook his head.

"Don't be scared. I'm done with everything that happened in the past. We're starting again and we're going to be so much better. I'm better." He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said and he pulled me into him.

"I love you. Let's go to sleep okay? You just need rest. I got everything under control and you can trust me on it." He said.

"Okay. I love you too."