Chapter 120

I visited Trev over that weekend with Kenz and Dak and he was so excited and happy to see them it was unbelievable. Kenz ran in and hugged him tightly and dak aimlessly ran to Trev. It was so cute how good he was getting at walking and walking fast.

"Oh my girl and my little guy. You're getting so big. Come here buddy." He said and pulled him up into his arms. He kissed him and Kenz and they both smiled.

"Daddy." Dak said cutely and I kissed him softly.

"Dakky. God I missed you bud. I missed you too, kiddo. How's school?" He asked Kenz and she smiled.

"Good! I made honor roll!" She said.

"That's good sweetheart! You're so smart." He said and Dak grabbed trevs face and he chuckled.

"Excuse me. I'm talking to Kenz, mister." He said and I chuckled as Dak grabbed his lips and Trev winced and carefully pulled his hand away.

"No. That hurts daddy." He said.

"Banana?" Dak asked.

"Of course. The banana I know. We can eat one soon." He said.

"What's your favorite class?" Trev asked.

"Math!" She said excitedly.

"Oh god. I hate math. You're going to be in college before you know it." He joked and I laughed.

"College?" She asked.

"Nevermind." He chuckled and he put Dak down carefully and grabbed my waist and kissed me.

"I missed you, mama. I can't wait to go home." He said as he stood with me and held me as we softly kissed each other.

"Ewww." Kenz said as she watched us and he looked down at her and knelt in front of her.

"Why don't you go and get Dak a banana. We can all split it. He loves them." He said and she nodded. She ran off toward the kitchen and Trev kissed me a little more. It was almost like he wasn't in the mood to deal with the kids. He seemed upset about something and it was like he wanted to be left alone.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his hair and he shook his head.

"I'm fine." He said.

"A couple more weeks and you're out. You've been doing so good. It's going to be okay." I said and he nodded. He looked so upset.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm not getting out in a couple more weeks." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I took a test. They test us mentally and on everything and we have to answer honestly. They tested me because it's always two weeks before we get released that we have to be tested to see if we're ready. I failed the test. I guess I wrote something and answered something wrong that made them think I needed to stay longer to get more help." He said.

"How much longer?" I asked.

"Like a month and a half." He said and my eyes softened.

"Trev." I said softly and rubbed his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Do you have the test?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I don't even know what made them want to keep me. They won't tell me. They just told me I need to stay longer." He said and I sighed and rested my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry. I know it's a lot to keep coming here." He said.

"It's fine. I'd rather you be okay than coming home just because you want to." I said and he nodded. He kissed the top of my head and Dak went to us and wrapped his arms around trevs leg. We both looked down and chuckled and Trev grabbed him and kissed his cheek.

"I can't wait to be home with my family." He said and Kenz ran to us with a banana and Trev chuckled at Dak when his face lit up.

"Banana!" He yelled excitedly and we both laughed.

"Banana!" Trev said and kissed his cheeks. He put Dak down on the couch and sat down with him and Kenz and he peeled the banana. He broke off a piece for them both and Dak messily ate it. It was so cute. Trev ate some and he looked up at me with a mouthful.

"Our son is obsessed with bananas." He said and I chuckled.

"You make me bananas."