Chapter 72

We got home the day after and Trevor and my brother helped me into the house. I had my arm around both of their necks and when I walked in Nancy was with Mackenzie. Mackenzie ran to me and Trev stopped her.

"Don't hug her, okay sweetheart? She's still in pain." He said and she looked upset and I felt bad.

"Do you want to go upstairs or on the guest bedroom down here?" My brother asked.

"I think the guest bedroom would be the best bet for the first few days. Stairs aren't a good option right now." Trev said and I nodded slowly and winced as I stepped down.

"Don't step with that foot. I got you just put your weight on me." He said softly and I leaned against him as they led me to the guest room. He motioned for my brother to fix the bed for me to lay down in and he held me up with all my weight practically on him. He helped me get in bed carefully and he kissed me when I laid down.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too. Thank you." I said and he nodded.

"You better take care of my sister, you hear me?" My brother asked and he looked up at him.

"I take care of her. I always do. I always will." He said.

"Trev?" I asked and he looked down at me before sitting down beside me on the bed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing-I'm just hungry." I said and he nodded.

"Well what do you want to eat? I'll get it ordered here." He said.

"Order what you want. I'm fine with whatever. As long as it's not hospital food." I said.

"Well, good thing the hospital doesn't deliver." He joked and I smiled weakly. He grabbed his phone and handed it to me with the uber eats app open and he smiled weakly.

"Pick what you'd want and order me something I'd like." He said and he looked at my brother.

"Can you do me a huge favor and watch her for 15 minutes? I need to get a shower. I still have blood on me and haven't showered in two days." He said and my brother nodded. I felt so bad.

"I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault." He said and he pulled his shirt off over his head before walking out the room and I watched his back as he did. God I loved his body. I could have said that over and over again.

"Are you drooling over the menu you're looking at or your fiances back?" My brother asked and I looked over at him and chuckled weakly.

"Shut up." I said.

"I'm proud of you." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"For surviving being shot? Trevor survived four gun shots." I said.

"Not being shot-how you handled the situation. He told me what happened-I mean he told our whole unit because he had to-but he told me in more detail at the hospital and you fucking hit a gun away from you? At least the baby? You know how much of a risk that is? That was so brave and even though it was a risk, what you did saved your life and Trevor's. Even he said that." He said and I looked down at my hands in my lap after putting the phone down.

"I honestly thought I was going to lose the baby or die myself." I said and he sat down next to me on the bed.

"The baby is fine-I'm still mad you didn't tell me. You are four months into being pregnant and you didn't even tell me I was going to be an  uncle? You didn't even tell dad." He said.