Chapter 70

A few days passed after we got home and we were so happy. Not even just because We we're engaged, we were just genuinely happy to be together. He was working again too so he was busy and we both were back to normal. He still drank though, but it didn't bother me as much as him doing actual drugs and using pain pills, which I found out he had too by finding a bottle of them while doing laundry.

I was at work though on break while my class was in lunch, and Trevor was working as security at the school for the day. He was called in after the other guy couldn't make it and i knew he was happy about it because he loved spending time with me on my breaks since his were at the same time, and seeing the kids.

He was sitting on my desk next to my computer as I was putting in grades and he was eating some of my lunch. I didn't mind though because it was a lot. I had class soon and his break was almost over, but we were just talking and eating.

"Are you excited that it's the end of the school year? There's only like two weeks left right?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm excited but sad. I loved my kids this year, but I'm excited to be home and focus on mackenzie and our baby." I smiled and put my hand on my stomach.

"Yeah. I want to know if we're having a boy or a girl so I want to go to an appointment soon." He said.

"Do you want a girl or a boy?" I asked.

"A boy. I want a little guy." He smiled and so did I.

"I want a boy too." I said and his smiled got bigger. I was praying we had a boy. For whatever reason, I always wanted a boy first.

"We could go to family football games." He said and I chuckled, but almost had a heart attack when I heard something really loud in the hallway. I couldn't tell where it came from but it was so loud that it almost hurt my ears.

"What in the hell was that?" I asked.

"I don't know. Stay here. I'll go check it out." He said and he walked out from behind my desk and we both looked out the window of my door to see someone with a gun go into the empty classroom across from mine and Trevor practically tackled me down to the floor. He covered my mouth to stop me from talking or crying and he grabbed his gun.

"Stay here. Do not move. Do not talk. Do not try and get to me if I don't come back. I'm locking your door behind me-"

"You're not leaving this room Trevor-"

"I need to leave this room to keep you safe. I'll be fine, don't worry about me." He said and he grabbed his radio and called for his units to come out. I tried to get him to stay but he pulled away from me and crawled underneath my desk. He looked around it and he slowly stood up. I couldn't see him after, but I heard him quickly move by the door. I also heard the door open and close and my heart was racing. I didn't understand why bad things kept happening to us. I didn't get why we kept getting hurt or why we were being put in danger constantly. I heard another loud noise, which I then realized was a gun shot and my heart sank.

"Bailey. Come on. You're safe. He's on the opposite side of the school." I heard jason whisper after the door opened and I sat up. I looked up and him and he worriedly motioned me toward him and I got up and he grabbed my hand. He opened the door to the hallway and I saw the same man I had seen outside my door turn down the hall we were walking toward. Jason pulled me behind him and ran and I ran ahead of him, but jason was shot and he fell down groaning in pain. I kept running and turned down a different hallway and Trevor was on the other side of me and looked at me. He looked worried, but also mad that I didn't listen to him. He looked around the corner and leaned against the wall and he went to go to when he saw that it was okay to, but I felt someone grab me and put something hard and cold against my temple. Then I realized it was the shooter and he had his gun to my head.

"Put the gun down." Trevor warned and pointed his gun at him and I froze. I didn't know what to do and my mouth got completely dry I couldn't even think about speaking.

"Don't come near me." The guy said and Trevor nodded.

"I'm not going near you. Let her go. She didn't do anything to you." Trevor said and he still had his gun pointed at him.

"If you pull your trigger, I'm pulling mine." The guy said and Trevor clenched his jaw. He pressed harder against my head and I felt tears start to swell in my eyes. Why me? I didn't understand why this happened to me and Trevor.

"Just let go of her. What's wrong with you hurting people that didn't do anything to you? This is an elementary school." Trevor said with his eyes narrowed and the guy didn't say anything.

I just wanted to be in his arms. I was so scared.

"You're alright, Bailey." Trev said softly and I didn't say anything. I couldn't.

"Is she yours?" The guy asked and Trevor looked up at him as he moved the gun to my stomach and I closed my eyes to stop myself from breaking down.

"Look at me." Trevor warned to the guy and I still had my eyes closed.

"It's not worth it. Okay? She didn't do anything to you. She is a great person that cares so much about everyone. Put your gun down and we can talk this out." Trevor said. I had to do something. I couldn't just stand there and let him scare me. I knew if I didn't do anything, Trev wouldn't be able to either because he didn't want me getting hurt.

"Trev." I said and he looked up at me.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too. You're okay." He said and I hit the gun away from my stomach and Trevor fired his gun as the guys fired too. I felt unbelievable pain throughout my leg and I fell to the floor. Trevor shot again multiple times and ran to me before grabbing me and he put me up against the wall.

"Trevor." I cried and he nodded.

"I know." He said and he ripped my leggings. He pressed against where I was shot and I screamed in pain.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm just trying to help." He said and I had my head resting against the wall. I was crying so hard.

"Where the fuck is my unit?!" He yelled into his radio and he looked up at me.

"Look at me. Keep your eyes open. You're fine. You're going to be fine. Just keep your eyes open." He said and I looked down at his hands. My blood was all over them and i felt like I was going to pass out.

"Bailey. Look at me." He said and I did, but everything went black as I heard yelling and people coming toward us.