Chapter 54

Trevor went back to work and it was a week later. We were still waiting for the paperwork to go through so we could legally have custody of Mackenzie and I was excited, but something about me felt off. I felt weird and different. I was moody, craving foods, my breasts were tender, and I was getting headaches...I looked it all up and everything online came back to be symptoms of pregnancy. I had gotten my period the month before though, so I didn't know what to do.

I went upstairs and went into the bathroom and almost got sick from how nauseous my headache was making me. I stood in the bathroom against the sink for a few minutes to relax, and I knelt down to look under the sink for pregnancy tests. I had them for my own reasons, before Trevor even came into my life, and I took two out. I knew they were expired, but it didn't hurt to just take them and hold me over before I could buy ones that weren't. I needed some type of answer.

"Bailey? I'm home. Nancy is here to look over the house!" I heard Trevor call as I was taking the test and I cursed under my breath and hurried up before putting it on the kitchen counter.

"Bailey?" He asked and he sounded like he was getting closer.

"I'm-uh-Hold on." I said and the bathroom door opened as I was grabbing the test and he peaked his head in and I froze. So did he. He opened the door completely and he just stood there.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked softly and I couldn't even speak. I was shaking.

"I-I was expecting you to come home later-how did Nancy get here?" I asked.

"That's not what I asked you." He said and he went to grab the test from me and I shook my head.

"I just took them. It's fine." I said and he nodded.

"I know it's fine. It just bothers me that you didn't tell me you thought you were." He said.

"I just started feeling weird today. I didn't know. I don't even know if I'm pregnant-can we please not do this right now. Can we just go down and see Nancy and check the tests later-This doesn't look good on us." I said and he pulled me into him and kissed my forehead.

"Okay." He said and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too." I said and he kissed me.

"Come on." He said and grabbed my hand. I put everything down on the counter of the sink and we went downstairs. He held my hand tightly the whole time and Nancy smiled weakly when she saw me.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Good-I'm sorry." I said.

"It's okay!" She reassured and he motioned her to to living room.

"We decided that this house would be the best place as a family to stay so he's selling his house." I said and she smiled.

"Okay. So far it seems perfect." She said and we smiled. She looked around the kitchen and she wrote some things down before letting us lead her upstairs.

"So, What bedroom would be hers?" She asked.

"Well-we don't really have it together for her yet because this was a quick decision but we were thinking this room. It's right next to our room if she needed us and it's a good size." I said and she nodded.

"It seems perfect." She said and she motioned to our bedroom.

"One last room and I'm done." She smiled and we led her in. It was a mess. The bed wasn't made, his clothes were piled out of his laundry basket along with mine, some of my panties were on the floor, a towel was at the end of our bad and had... stains on it... not to mention there were pregnancy test on the bathroom sink. She looked around for a few seconds and she looked to me.