Chapter 4

I did my best to stay clear of Trevor the entire time I was at work and I saw him a few times but avoided him.

I was on my lunch break though and I was in the faculty room. They had bagels and donuts for us and I was so excited considering I didn't eat breakfast. I went to put a bagel in the toaster as I took a bite from a strawberry glazed donut and I jumped at the sound of his voice behind me.

"Are you avoiding me now?" He asked and chuckled. I looked up at him over my shoulder with a mouthful and he was pouring coffee.

"No." I said and he didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"You're that embarrassed about a night out with your girls?" He teased and I grabbed my bagel out the toaster and put it down on my plate. I sat down at the table and he sat down across from me.

"Don't you have a job to do?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"I'm on break. Just like you. Let's talk about the other night. I appreciate you thinking I'm attractive. You're funny when you're drunk." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I never called you attractive." I lied. He knew I was lying. I obviously knew I was lying, I was just hoping he'd leave me alone and think I was drunk enough to forget what happened.

"Oh okay. You didn't." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Why are you acting like you know me. You're flirting with me." I said.

"I'm not flirting with you. I'm married. If a guy ever flirts with you the way I'm talking to you I wouldn't go near him. I'm being an asshole if anything." He said.

"At least you know you're an asshole." I mumbled and he grabbed a donut and leaned back in his chair. His arms looked so damn good but I shook the thoughts out my head. Married.

"I guess the whole myth about cops eating donuts isn't a myth." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"It is a myth. We don't eat donuts constantly. I'm eating one because I didn't eat breakfast-"

"There's bagels. You didn't have to choose a donut."

"Donuts are easier-"

"Cops eat donuts then." I said and he sighed.

"Officer Prescott." My boss called behind him and he looked over his shoulder as he shoved the last bite of the donut into his mouth.

"Can I borrow you for one second?" He asked.

"I'm on break." He mumbled with a mouthful and I stared at him with my eyes almost widened. Everyone kissed my boss's ass and he had too, but I guess he got used to things quickly because he was tired of it.

"Officer-"

"My name is Trevor. That's okay to call me, or just call me Prescott. Stop calling me Officer. I didn't pull you over, I work here now. I'm technically your coworker." He said and cut him off. I nudged his foot under the table and he looked across to me with an annoyed look. He was definitely pissed off but something else must have bothered him, not just my boss.

Another teacher walked in, one who I could not stand. She was such a bitch to not only her co workers but the students, and she grabbed a coffee cup. He took a sip of his coffee and turned his head to check out her ass and my jaw dropped. He was being such a dick and not to mention really flirty for a married man.

"Well. I'm off break." He sighed and got up.

"You're entire job is a break. You don't do anything." I said.

"Yes I do. I have a little girl come up to me every day and hug me. I make sure they're all safe and I keep your boss company and follow him like a chihuahua begging for a treat." He mumbled and I laughed.

"Chihuahua? That's a manly dog to describe yourself." I chuckled.

"They attack without warning and always get what they want. Chihuahuas are more powerful than you think." He winked.

"Sorry for bashing your precious breed." I said while rolling my eyes and he didn't say anything as he walked out.

"What's his problem?" The other teacher asked and I looked up at her before getting up and walking out the room. I was in no mood to deal with anyone and especially after dealing with him I had enough.