Chapter 76

"Trevor!" I screamed and laughed as he tickled me in bed. A few weeks had passed since everything, and my stomach was back to normal and being flat. It was so weird because it wasn't supposed to be and we were so upset still, but we were getting better and Mackenzie was having more fun being with us. The kids were also able to go back to the school, but I wasn't allowed back yet. I wasn't ready to be back though because of my leg and the doctor wanted me out for one more week before going back. It sucked, but I needed the time.

He laughed and climbed on top of me and pinned my legs down with his as he tickled me. He grabbed my arms so he could stop me from stopping him and cooper ran into the room and started barking at us. It wasn't a nice bark either, he was genuinely mad.

"Cooper, no." Trev warned and looked up over his shoulder at him and looked over at him. He was literally showing his teeth.

"Cooper." He warned and narrowed his eyes as he let go of my arms.

"Cooper, Relax. Who are you showing your teeth at?" He asked and sat up. He grabbed him by his collar and he stopped and licked his face and I chuckled.

"He was protecting his mommy." I said.

"Yeah. Well his daddy is his boss and his mommy didn't bring him home and doesn't spoil him with steak dinners once a week." He said and I chuckled.

"Come back over here." I said and he climbed back on top of me and he kissed me.

"Why don't we bring him to the dog park today and let Mackenzie run around with the dogs when she gets home?" I asked.

"That sounds perfect." He said and kissed me.

"Speaking of which, I'll have to leave in about 30 minutes to go pick her up. How about a quicky?" He asked and I cocked an eyebrow at him and laughed.

"First of all, im not completely healed yet and bending my legs the way I have to for you would not be fun. Second of all, you last too long for 30 minutes, and third of all I'm not ready to yet. Not after losing him." I sighed and I felt bad because I think I made him feel bad for asking.

"Sorry." He said and I grabbed his hand.

"Come here." I said softly and pulled him down on me. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him and he kissed me back softly.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more." I said.

"Mmm-nope. Not possible." He said and I smiled weakly.

"You have no idea." I said and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I wish it was me and not you." He said.

"Don't say that. I'm okay. That's all that matters." I said.

"I know, but I know the pain you were in and still kind of are. I know how fustrating it is and how bad it hurts. I never would want you in that pain and I'm sorry I didn't do something before he even had the chance to." He said and I shook my head and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm the one that didn't listen and left my room. If I didn't leave the room it wouldn't have happened." I said.

"Jason is the reason you left your room. If Jason wasn't a fucking idiot nothing would have happened to either of you." He said and I shrugged.

"Shit happens." I said and he nodded.

"Shits been happening too often." He sighed and sat up before climbing off me.

"I'm going to pick her up from school. I'll be back in like 15 or 30." He said and I nodded.

"Be careful. Love you." I said.

"Love you too. Do you want me to pick up dinner? What are you in the mood for?" He asked.

"Mexican." I said.

"Mmm. Mexican it is." He smiled before getting up. Cooper ran into the room and jumped up on the bed.

"Good boy. Keep an eye on mommy while I go get Mackenzie." Trev said and pet him. Cooper licked me and I chuckled as he walked out the room. I didn't deserve him.