Chapter 78

We ended up talking it out. We argued for a good two more hours, then he went and got Mackenzie, and I made him sleep on the couch while I slept upstairs for the first time since what happened.

After that we both relaxed and we ended up back in bed and I had my engagement ring back on by 2am. I was always going to take him back no matter what. I hated when he put his hands on me, but even if he did it more and I got mad, I wouldn't be able to actually make him leave because in reality I didn't want him to. 

I woke up the morning after and he was holding me while sleeping and even though he had hurt me, I felt safe in his arms. I felt my lip swollen and I slowly got out of his embrace to go in the bathroom and look at my cheek. My lip was puffy and part of my cheek had a bruise. It looked so bad.

He had already gotten up to take Mackenzie to school too and went back to sleep after.

"Come back." Trev said and I looked over at him in bed and his eyes softened when he saw my lip.

"Fuck." He sighed and he got up. He went toward me and cupped my cheek before kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"Just another thing to move on from." I said and he rubbed my side.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I sighed and rested my head against his chest.

"Can you come with me downstairs to get ice and everything?" I asked and he nodded. He grabbed my hand and held it tightly as we walked downstairs and he went into the freezer and grabbed an ice pack before putting it against my lip lightly.

"I'm so sorry." He said softly and I ignored him and grabbed the ice pack from him.

"I have to go back to work on Monday and I'm hoping this goes away by then. I really don't want to explain more bullshit than I've already had to." I sighed and he nodded slowly.

"Can you put make-up over it?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Stop talking to me about it. Just stop trying to make it better. I'm done and over it. If you wouldn't have done it in the first place, you wouldnt have to ask me if I could put make-up over it." I said.

"I feel like shit everytime it happens and you know that I care about you-"

"Then stop." I said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Just Stop Trevor. It's not like you'll go through withdrawals for not hitting me. I mean Jesus Christ you reacting better to stopped actual drugs and drinking than physically harming me. Do you just feel like you have to every now and then?" I asked.

"No. I don't like when people raise their voices at me and I don't like being told what I'm doing wrong. I fucking hate it. I got in so many fights in high school and college over shit like that and I was the same with Ash. She was even worse and I've been doing better. I'm not proud of it or happy of it-I don't know how to explain it to you without sounding insane. Just know I'm not a bad guy, I just do stupid things and don't think out of frustration and anger." He said.

"I know you're not a bad guy, and that's what kills me."