Chapter 8

I got home after a day of meetings after hours at the school and I was in my driveway sitting in my car. There was no real reason that I was, but I was so zoned out and thinking about what I actually did with Trevor. He was at the meeting and everytime I felt him look at me and looked at him he'd turn away, but everytime he'd turn away from me I'd look at him. It was so bad and we both were so awkward and tensed up around each other since the previous weekend.

I eventually just took my keys out the ignition and shut my car off before grabbing my wallet and everything else. I couldn't sit in my car and think forever. When I opened the door of my house though, something didn't feel right. It felt as if someone had been there while I wasn't. The couch was pushed in some and crooked, there was a light on in the kitchen-I thought that maybe I had accidentally forgot to turn the light off or I accidentally nudged the couch, but when I saw a broken mirror on the hallway of my floor and my drawers left open on the desk in my office, I knew I was robbed and that my house was broken into. My eyes softened and I quickly ran out my house and called the police. I got in my car and started it in case the robber was still inside and I had to get away fast, and the phone finally stopped ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi. My house was broken into. My address is 114 pine avenue. Please come soon. I'm not sure if they're still in my house or not and I'm in my car in my driveway in case they come out. Please help. Please come quickly. I don't know if they're still in the house." I said.

"Okay. Stay in your car and don't go back in the house. An officer will be with you shortly along with back up." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you. How long do you think it will be?" I asked.

"Maybe 5 minutes. You live near the station and there's an officer already nearby. You'll be okay." She said reassuringly and I sighed.

"Okay, thank you." I said.

"No problem, bye." She said and hung up. I wasn't expecting her to hang up. I wanted her to stay on the line until an officer came but I guess she didn't care much. I waited in my car until a police car pulled in my driveway behind me, and I quickly got out. Which I regretted. The officer that pulled up was Trevor, but I felt safer. My eyes softened and he got out the car and I ran to him.

"Relax. There's someone in your house? What happened?" He asked and I grabbed his hand.

"Wait until backup comes please. Please don't go in there. I don't know if they're still in there or if there's more than one." I said and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple.

"I was trained to do this, you know? I'll be fine. I also have a gun." He chuckled and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Be careful, please." I said.

"I will. I'm fine." He said and I let go of him. He grabbed his gun and loaded it and went in. It scared the hell out of me and I wanted to go in with him so bad.

"Get on the ground!" I heard him yell and another car pulled up.

"Is there an officer inside?" He asked as soon as he got out his car and I nodded.

"Officer Prescott." I said and he nodded and walked in too. It was almost as if there only needed to be one officer because Trevor made the other back up because he already had someone in handcuffs to walk out. My eyes softened and it was a middle aged man that looked fucking crazy and it scared me. He practically threw him in the back of his cop car and he asked the other cop to search the rest of the house before going to me.

"What are you? A sheriff or something?" I asked.

"I'm captain of police. I'm his boss. He does what I say and I do what I want-are you okay? He was in your room. He's a fucking creep too, but you're alright." He said as he rested his hands on his belt and I smiled weakly.