Chapter 135

Trevor woke up around 9pm and he walked into the living room and scared the hell out of me. I honestly forgot he was there.

"Hey." I said and he rubbed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hey... sorry." He said with his voice raspy and I shrugged.

"It's fine. You just need to drink water. You haven't drank anything but alcohol since yesterday." I said.

"I know. I'll be fine." He said.

"Yeah." I nodded and he sat down next to me on the couch.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"Live PD." I said and my face got red after I said it. I was kind of embarrassed. He was a cop, I was dating a cop, and I was watching a show with cops.

"You really have a thing for cops." He said and I looked away from him with my face bright red. I was trying not to laugh and he realized it because he started to laugh.

"Stop." I chuckled.

"Is it like your kink. Should I have used my handcuffs on you? Is that why sawyer won you over?" He asked and I shook my head and covered my mouth to hide my laugh.

"You're not funny." I said and he smiled.

"I missed your laugh." He said.

"You didn't have to miss my laugh. You could have easily treated me like a normal husband would and just love me." I said and his smile faded.

"I'm sorry. I just want you happy." He said.

"I'm content where I'm at right now. I don't want anything to happen between us right now. I don't have the energy for it at all." I said and he nodded.

"I get it." He said.

"I love you and I'll always love you, but I can't do it right now. I need a break. Especially after what you said to me and how you treated me." I said and he put his hand on my thigh and I stopped him.

"Trev." I sighed.

"Let me make things right." He said softly.

"We have tried for so long to make things right and it doesn't work." I said and his eyes softened.

"Are you we seriously done?" He asked.

"I can't do it anymore. I'm sorry." I said.

"Do you want a divorce?" He asked and I looked away from him and rubbed my temples.

"I want to be separated." I said.

"So you want a divorce?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and he shook his head.

"No-Bailey come on. We haven't even been married a year. We can fix this. We can literally go to counseling. I don't even care. We can do counseling for years if we have to as long as we're okay-"

"Trevor I don't need the counseling. You do. I'm perfectly fine, you're not." I said.

"I'll be a better man for you." He said.

"You've said that so many times-"

"I mean it. I truly do mean this." He said and I rubbed my temples and he grabbed my hand and rubbed the top of my hand.

"I am begging you. Please." He said.

"Why are you being so annoying? Why can't you just leave me alone about it. I told you I needed time and I just need to be away from you-"

"Because out of all the bullshit I'm addicted to, you're the one thing I seriously can't live without. You're my strongest addiction and I need you to take me back. Please." He said.

"What do I get out of it? Other than mental and physical abuse?" I asked.

"You get a loving husband and father to our children. I don't want the kids to grow up with divorced parents. I want them happy. Please, Bails." He said.

"I get it. I want them happy too. I love them more than anything and I know they're happy right now. They will be happy and we'll make sure of that. I just can't act like I'm happy with you anymore." I said.

"You were happy with me don't play that game. Bailey come on." He said.

"I'm not playing a game. I genuinely just can't put myself in the same position over and over. I can't." I said and my front door opened and sawyer walked in holding flowers. He froze when he saw trev and my eyes softened.

"Bad time?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"No. Trev was just leaving. I'm sorry." I said softly and got up.

"Yeah. I was just leaving." Trev mumbled and shoved past sawyer. I took the flowers from him and trev slammed the door as he left.

"Why was he here?" Sawyer asked and I shook my head.

"He was drunk and came over-I didn't want him driving home-I let him sleep it off and he just woke up. He didn't leave because he was talking to me about trying to fix things but I basically just told him I want a divorce." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Oh." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Thank you for the flowers. They're beautiful." I said and smelt them. He smiled weakly and nodded and I kissed him.

"I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too." I said.

"Did you sleep with him?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Of course not. I didn't even kiss him. I'm seriously done." I said.

"Well I don't want you to think I'm holding you back from him. I know he's the father to your children so if you still want him I don't want you to think you can't because of me. He was my best friend at one point." He said.

"No it's fine. It's not you holding me back. He's just pushing me farther away with the way he acts."