Chapter 103

Trev ended up getting his badge and gun back after talking to sawyer. He still hated him though and he went home after he got his things back and kept telling me how much he hated him and how he wanted to freak out on him but stopped himself.

I was happy he got his badge and everything back, but in a way I hated it. I honestly thought his job was a big reason that he did drink and I hated it, but as long as he was content. I just wanted him to do what he felt was right.

I was texting sawyer while he was at work and he ended up calling me. We had a lot to talk about and didn't get to because Trev would have freaked out even more if he knew we were talking.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said and we were quiet for a little and he broke the silence.

"I'm sorry. If I could take back what I did, I would. Trev's a good guy that just loves, trusts,  and cares for anyone in his life and when that trust, love or care is broken he becomes broken and he does things that he doesn't want to because he's hurt." He said and I nodded.

"I know... what we were doing was good and fun but I regret it so much and I know he's hurt. He kept talking to me and asking me why and he wouldn't even look at me at first but I have my ways. I know he's still mad at me and disappointed though. He's still bothered by it even if he won't say it." I said.

"What did he say about me when he got his badge and gun back?" He asked.

"He was pissed off. He said you were a piece of shit like always. He has every right to be pissed off, sawyer. I know we were wrong and I'm on his side-"

"So you hate me now too?" He asked.

"I don't hate you. I just don't want to associate with you anymore. At least not if he's not around. Right now is different because we need to talk about things, but otherwise I love him and I want to build our relationship even stronger after that." I said.

"He really shouldn't get his gun or badge back. He was literally going to kill me, Bailey. I mean I know he was mad but when he told me about my wife and him I didn't point my gun at his head. He can't just do that because he's angry." He said.

"I know. It scared me, but nothing happened and that's all that matters." I said and he sighed.

"I asked my wife about it and she admitted to it. I'm not letting it ruin us because I love her, but I told her about me and you. I was so pissed off when I left your house but I think we all cooled down. We're fine and we're just getting past it but it still just sucks." He said.

"I mean yeah. Trev still talks about it and brings it up. He's really pissed off at you." I said.

"I figured that. When I gave him his shit back he walked in my office, told me to give him his things because he wasn't done, I told him no, he went around my desk and grabbed me by my collar and I gave him it. I really would love to fire him but I didn't for you and the kids." He said.

"Please don't. As much as I don't want him working and doing that job, I know he loves it." I said.

"I know." He said and the front door opened and I looked up to see Trev.

"Okay, I'll see you. Love you dad." I said.

"What?" Sawyer asked and I hung up.

"Are you on lunch?" I asked.

"No. I wanted to talk to you." He said.

"In the middle of your shift?" I asked.

"Daddy!" Kenz yelled excitedly and ran downstairs. He chuckled as she ran to him and he picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"We can go to the dog park with cooper when I'm done work." He said and she nodded.

"But there's a big drug bust happening downtown later and I wanted to know if you would be mad if I was on scene. Please. It would be the first thing I actually did other than giving someone a ticket for speeding since I've been back." He said.

"No." I said.

"Bailey, I wouldn't even get hurt I'd just-"

"You're not going. If you get hurt I swear to god. It's not happening. I can't risk anything happening to you again. It will literally tear me apart." I said.

"Nothing is going to happen-"

"No!" I yelled and he looked at me for a second and he got up.

"Jesus Christ, Trevor. You know how I feel about it. I know you love your job but you're not fucking doing the extremes anymore. Too much has happened. I even told sawyer not to put you on crazy calls-"

"Sawyer?" He asked and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yes, Sawyer." I said and he grabbed my phone from me before I could stop him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You pretended it was your dad?" He asked.

"Stop." I said.

"Don't fucking talk to him. He's not controlling what I do either. I don't give a fuck what he says. You don't need him to tell me what to do either-" he paused and narrowed his eyes and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I don't even know why I'm asking you for permission to do my job." He said and I got up.

"You are not going. Do you understand me?" I asked.

"I'm going." He said.

"No, you're not." I said and he walked to the door and I grabbed his hand and he flung himself around at me.

"Bailey, I can't be afraid to do my job and I can't ask for permission to do things for my job. I have to be able to do what I need to-"

"You don't need to though-"

"But it's what I'm expected to be able to do." He said.

"Please. Please just don't go." I said.

"I'm going. I haven't done anything in so long and I'm just tired of it." He sighed.

"Would you bring me or Kenz there?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"No. I wouldn't put either of you in danger." He said.

"Exactly. So it's not safe-"

"Bailey, I wouldn't even bring you or Kenz around someone I pulled over for speeding. My entire job is danger, do you get it? I've been around so much shit. This year has just been bad. This year out of the six years I've been doing this. I know things will get better I just have to try and honestly the most severe one was your brothers fault." He said.

"But if something else happens-"

"Nothing else is happening. End of story I'm done talking about it. I have to go back to work. I'll text you." He sighed.

"Can you just tell me if you're going or not? Just so I know? And text me what's going on if you do? Please? I love you so much. Please be careful." I said and I wrapped my arms around him tightly and he held me back.

"I love you too." He said and I kissed his cheek and he kissed me full on.

"I'm going. I'll just keep you updated. I promise you everything will be fine." He said.

"Please be careful." I said.

"I will." He said and he kissed me again before letting go of me.

"Come here princess." He said and motioned Kenz to go over to him and she ran into his arms and he picked her up before leaving kisses on her cheeks.

"I love you, baby girl. I'll be home in a little." He said.

"Okay, Daddy. Be safe." She said and he pouted his lip out before kissing her cheek again and putting her down.

"I love you both so much. I'll be fine and I'll be home for dinner too." He said and I kissed him.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Specifically, you. I'll settle for Chinese or Mexican." He said and I playfully hit his shoulder and he chuckled.

"See you baby." He said as he walked out.

"See you."