Chapter 157

Trev came home from work the next day and he smiled weakly at me and kissed my cheek as he  walked past me in the kitchen to grab food.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Good. How was yours?" He asked.

"Good. You're a little late tonight." I said.

"I know. I was doing paperwork." He said with a mouthful of cold food and I nodded. Dak was already in bed.

"How was today though? Were you nauseous or anything?" He asked.

"No it was a good day. Me and Dak just hung up and watched TV. He watched his first R rated movie but I didn't let him see the bad parts." I said and he smiled weakly.

"I say we film our own rated R movie tonight." He smirked.

"Mmm. You think you're such a stud with a mouthful of food, don't you?" I asked and he chuckled and covered his mouth before swallowing.

"You aren't getting any tonight. You were late home and made me upset." I said.

"I'll make up for it." He said,

"I'm perfectly fine." I said and shook my head and he sighed. He leaned against the counter and he continued to eat.

"Well thank you for making me a plate. I was so hungry." He said and I nodded.

"I wish you were actually here to eat dinner with us." I said.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said.

"Mhm." I said.

"Bailey. I was at work." He mumbled and I shrugged. 

"That's fine." I said.

"Yet you're giving me shit over it." He said.

"Things just haven't been the same. Things feel weird." I said.

"Nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is not having Kenz anymore, but we were okay. We are getting through it." He said.

"You also lie about what happens at work. You don't think I know? The other day you said she had gotten shot once in your vest. I knew you were lying as soon as you said it. You're always getting hurt-"

"Okay." He said and cut me off.

"Stop." I said and put my hand up so he'd stop talking.

"You know that you're always getting hurt. You never tell me either. You hide it because you know I hate it, but if something happens to you and it's serious and you don't tell me, I have to live with that." I said.

"Then I'll tell you the truth." He said and he stood up straighter.

"I'm not a detective. I'm an officer again. I have been the entire time. I keep my uniform in my car and change. I have been screamed at and put in danger multiple times since I've told you about even being involved with this career again. I'm fine. I will be fine. I just had something today that I couldn't just get up and come home. I had to stay and wait something out. I know you care. I know you get worried, but I need to do my career and I want to do my career. Don't worry about me. I'll handle my own when it comes to this." He said and I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You've been lying to me this entire time?" I asked.

"I only lied to protect you. I don't want you worrying. You don't need the stress with the baby." He said and I rubbed my temples.

"You stress me out in general." I said and he walked towards my and grabbed my hands.

"Look at me. I'm fine. Nothing is going to happen to me and I mean that. I'm safe and I'll make sure you and our babies are safe. I love you and nothing is going to happen." He said and my eyes softened.

"Bails." He said softly and he cupped my cheeks before kissing me. I wrapped my arms around him and held him and he held me tightly back.

"Don't ever leave me." I said muffled into his neck and he shook his head.

"I promise I won't." He said and kissed my cheek. I was holding him so tight and he was doing the same to me. I really loved him so much and I just wanted him to be safe. I didn't want him hurt.