Chapter 149

Dak not being able to talk was the most stressful and frustrating thing I had to deal with as a parent. I wasn't mad at Dak, I'd never be mad at him for that. It wasn't his fault and he was just as confused and scared as we were, but Trev has to go back to work and apparently thought I had all the time in the world to call out of work myself. I wasn't mad for staying home with Dak. I loved being home with him and taking care of him, but I really needed Trev to help out more. Especially since I was in the morning sickness stage of my pregnancy and felt like shit.

"Pick me up chocolate ice cream, beef jerky, a sweet tea, buttery popcorn from somewhere. Oh and more prenatal vitamins please. I'm running out and craving bad." I texted him. I was in the mood for so many different things.

"Jesus Christ. You're craving a lot." He replied.

"Because I'm pregnant. I'm craving a lot, I keep throwing up, I'm on the verge of tears, I'm horny, and I need help with Dak. I don't know what to do." I replied and he immediately read it.

"I'll be home in thirty minutes. I'm sorry. I'll just stop by and get your things and I'll be home." He replied.

"Okay." I said.

"Love you. I'm sorry. I'll do all the work tonight. You can relax." He said and I heard something fall in the kitchen and I ran in.

"God dammit, Dakota." I sighed and his bottle was broken across the floor with milk everywhere. Literally everywhere. He started to cry as I was cleaning it up and my front door opened.

"Uh oh. Did mommy make a mess?" I heard my dad ask behind me and I looked up at him.

"Please. Please help me." I said and he nodded and took Dak out of his chair and calmed him down as I cleaned up the milk. He kept crying even when my dad tried calming him down, and I tried calming him down after cleaning up the milk but he was screaming and crying even harder.

"Dak, it's okay sweetheart. Relax." I said and I held him. My dad tried doing funny faces to get him to relax and he wouldn't. He just kept crying.

"I don't know what to do." I said.

"Does he want Trevor?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said softly and he sighed. I rubbed his back and heard the front door open again and I looked around the corner to see Trev with a bag in his hand and flowers and he cocked an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Please take him and see if he'll calm down for you." I said and he lightly jogged to me after putting everything down and he took Dak from me. He immediately stopped crying and he nuzzled into trevs shoulder. He kissed him and looked up at me.

"How long has he been crying?" He asked.

"I don't know. Like five minutes." I said and trev rubbed his back and held him tightly.

"Well, I got your food and everything else you wanted. Come here-" he paused and brought me in for a kiss.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"You already know how my day was. Nothing has changed." I said and he nodded slowly.

"I was just asking." He said.

"Okay." I said and he looked over at my dad.

"How was your day?" He asked him and my dad nodded slowly.

"It was good, how was yours?" He asked and trev smiled weakly.

"It was okay. Thanks for asking." He said and glanced to me.