Chapter 15

I woke up in the middle of the night around 2am to my smoke alarms going off. At first I didn't realize what was going on, but then I smelt smoke, and smoke usually came from fire, so I immediately shot out of bed. I opened my bedroom door and my entire house was cloudy. I coughed as the smoke burned my eyes and I ran back into my bedroom and grabbed my phone to call the police. I didn't even think about Trevor in that moment. I thought I was going to die. I thought they weren't going to get there in time, but before I even called, I heard fire trucks and police sirens down the street from my house. A neighbor had to of called. I looked around to see what I could do to get out of my room and I ran to my balcony door. I tried to open it but it wouldn't open and it wasn't locked. The door was jammed and I couldn't get out. I would have went to my windows and my windows were broken and never went up to begin with.

"Help!" I screamed and I walked out into my hallway as I held my shirt up over my nose to act like it was some type of mask.

"Help!" I screamed again as if someone was actually going to hear me. I carefully went downstairs and that's when I saw flames. My entire downstairs was on fire. I couldn't get to my front door because something fell over in front of it that was on fire and my windows were blocked by debris too. I was stuck in my house and had no clue how to get out. I was going to die. I ran back upstairs where the fire wasn't and went back to my room and closed the door. I needed to breathe fresher air. I went back to my windows anyway and pulled them up and one came up about a quarter of the way, but it was enough for me to get air.

"Help!" I screamed out. Everything was going to be ruined. Everything I worked hard for and paid for.

"Were coming ma'am. Close the window. Bringing more oxygen into the house will make the fire spread quicker." A fire fighter called up to me and I closed it and grabbed my phone to see Trevor was calling me and I quickly answered.

"Trevor." I cried as I answered.

"I'm coming, okay? I got the call from my dispatch. Stay inside the room with the least amount of fire and least amount of smoke. Listen to the firefighters. I'll be there soon." He said.

"Trevor, I'm so scared." I cried.

"You don't have to be. You know I'll be there and make sure you get out." He said.

"My house-"

"You can stay at mine. Don't worry about your god damn house-Jesus Christ it's bad. I'm here. I'll be in soon. Just stay safe. I'll make sure you're okay." He said.

"Please tell them to hurry." I cried.

"I will." He said and I hung up. I literally just sat on my bed crying and praying that the fire would just be put out. I waited for ten minutes as I sobbed on my bed and I didn't know what to do. I knew it wasn't going out though because they were still spraying. I got up again and went to my balcony door and I pulled as hard as I could on it. It didn't budge. I grabbed things off my dresser and nightstand to throw against the windows and door, but nothing happened. The glass didn't even crack. I saw Trevor's car outside from the balcony window and it hurt. I was stuck in a house that firefighters couldn't get in until given the okay, and by the time they were given the okay-I could have been dead.

"Please." I cried to myself.

"I don't want to die. Please just help." I cried and I broke down. I was sobbing and had my knees up to my chest against the glass door. I wanted to be in Trevor's arms. I wanted him to hold me and I wanted to hear his voice. I was going to die and the last thing I wanted and the only thing I could think of was a married man.

* * *

I woke up in an ambulance on a stretcher with an oxygen mask up to my face. I slowly opened my eyes, and when I realized what was happening I started to panic.