Chapter 34

I woke up the next morning in a random bed. I remembered bits and pieces of the night before. I remembered being at the bar but not how I left. I remembered Trevor being apart of it somehow and I remember kissing him in his car, but that was it. Something just didn't feel right when I woke up. I felt... different. My head was pounding more than a normal hangover felt like, and when I got up to go to the bathroom in the room I was in, I looked in the mirror and near my hairline there was a huge bruise. My eyes softened and I had tears in my eyes. I was so scared and had no clue what was going on. There was also medication on the counter with my name on it.

I walked out into the bedroom and I grabbed my phone when I saw it on the nightstand and winced at the screen.

"I didn't know you were up. Don't use your phone." Trevor said as he walked into the bedroom and I screamed but it also hurt my head to scream and when I realized it was him I relaxed but I was still angry at the same time.

"What is going on?!" I asked and he shushed me and closed the door behind him.

"Relax. You're at my house. You're in my guest room. I told ash what happened and she said you could stay." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What? Ash? Your house? What the fuck happened last night?" I asked.

"You were at the bar and you drank too much on top of your drinks being drugged and you passed out outside the bar in the snow. I explained this to you last night. How do you not remember?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What do you remember from last night?" He asked.

"I remember being at the bar and being woken up by you. I remember kissing you in your car-that's it." I said and his eyes softened.

"Trevor my head-What happened? Is this from passing out?" I asked.

"No. You were in my car and you passed out again and hit your head on the window of the car." He said.

"I don't understand what happened." I said.

"You were drugged and passed out outside the bar and I got there because I got a call someone was out there. I picked you up and brought you in my car and checked your eyes to make sure you were alive for one, and two how your pupils looked. You were drugged and the hospitals tests came back positive that you were drugged too-when we left the hospital though I thought you were fine. You were talking to me and you were talking seriously, like serious shit. We argued and we-" he paused and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"We had sex last night, Bailey." He said quietly and I looked up at him and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I need to go home." I said.

"Bailey. I thought you were aware and conscious enough to do it. I wasn't going to at first and you kept telling me it was fine-"

"I need to go home, okay? I need you to drive me to the bar so I can get my car and I need to just go home." I said.

"Okay and I will, but I didn't take advantage of you-"

"I'm not having this conversation with you while I'm in the same house as your wife." I warned and he sighed and mumbled.

"I'll be downstairs waiting." He said and I watched him walk out and I grabbed my things, including the medication in the bathroom, and I went downstairs.

"Hey. It's nice to see you again. I'm glad you're okay after last night." His wife said as soon as I went downstairs and I smiled weakly.

"Thank you." I said and she smiled back.

"I'll see you when you get back, babe." She said and she kissed him.

"See you." He said and grabbed his keys and I followed him out a door into his garage. We got in his actual car that wasn't his police car and I looked over at him and smacked him.

"What the fuck?!" He asked and I smacked him again and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What? What did I do?" He asked.

"You're a piece of shit! For a cop you really are such an inconsiderate asshole? Aren't cops supposed to help people? Aren't they supposed to care and know laws and boundaries? Are you fucking kidding me?! I could do your job better than you, Trevor. You're such a piece of shit. You really are. I genuinely missed you so much and it's taken this to make me realize that you really aren't anything but another guy that doesn't care about anything but sex!" I yelled and he rubbed his cheek where I hit him.

"God, I fucking hate you." I said and I rested my head against the window.

"You never let me talk, you know that? Every woman I've been with never lets me talk. You were perfectly fine to me when we left the hospital. Why you can't remember that is not my fault. I told you multiple times before we did anything that we shouldn't especially since you had a god damn concussion, but you insisted and you were going more into it." He said.

"So you take me back to your house?! When your wife is home?!" I yelled.

"Stop yelling at me." He warned.

"What are you going to do if I don't?!" I asked.

"Bailey. Shut up." He said and clenched his jaw.

"Such a fucking piece of shit." I mumbled.

"I didn't know you weren't aware! If I would have known it wouldn't have happened! I'm sorry!" He yelled loudly at me before he started to drive and I rested my head against the window and ignored him.

"Bailey, I'll leave her. I will and I swear I will. If you want me to do it today I will, just please stop getting so fustrated with me because I genuinely am trying." He said.

"You aren't going to leave her." I said and looked back up to him.

"I will. Do you want me to leave her today?" He asked.

"You won't leave her today and I know you won't." I said.

"Then when I come to your house tonight with my things after she kicks me out, will you let me in?" He asked.

"If you genuinely end it with her and you leave her tonight, you're welcome to come right in. I just know you won't do it because you're too scared to." I said and he nodded.

"Then I'll see you tonight." He said and I rolled my eyes before putting my head back against the window and he continued to drive. I knew I wouldn't see him at my door. I knew he wouldn't end it with her.