Chapter 73

I woke up at 3am to Trevor crawling in bed next to me and the pain in my leg was so bad. I was confused on why he was coming back to bed since he had fallen asleep next to me earlier, but then I smelt alcohol o his breath when he nuzzled into me.

"Trevor." I groaned and sighed at the same time.

"What baby?" He asked with a slur against my neck and kissed it.

"Stop. I need my medicine. I can feel the pain really bad. Please Trevor." I said and he stopped kissing my neck and looked up at me.

"I'll make you feel better with kisses." He smiled.

"No. Please. Just get me my medicine. You know I can't walk." I said and he got up and stumbled out the bedroom. I heard something fall in the hallway and couldn't tell if it was him or something he knocked over. I was so annoyed but not awake enough to even argue about it. He came back in the room with my medicine and he climbed on top of me and kissed me.

"Trev, Stop. If you hit my leg I'm going to fucking freak out on you." I said and he kissed my cheek.

"Take your medicine." He said softly and collapsed next to me gently. I grabbed the water next to my nightstand and swallowed and he helped me put everything on the nightstand.

"I love our boy." He said softly and kissed my belly.

"I love him too." I said.

"Bailey-I'm such a fuck up." He said and he looked up at me and I looked down at him. He looked like he was about to cry.

"Babe. It's 3am. Why are we doing this right now-"

"Because I'm drunk and you were shot and it's because I didn't do something because I was scared." He said.

"Trev-"

"No. I could have prevented it and I didn't because I froze up." He said and I shook my head.

"If you would have done something-"

"I was scared I was going to get you or him hurt. I can't even walk because of how fucked up I am, we have a 8 year old under our care and I don't even know what to do because I don't want to act like I'm her parent when she had parents before us but I want her to call me her dad and it's not going to happen. I'm not her dad because she had a dad and I just want him to be born right away but I don't want to ignore her after he's born. I'm stressed out and feel like I keep letting you down and I'm not doing things right." He said.

"We have had Mackenzie under our car for two weeks. Out of the two weeks we've been with her for 12 days so it hasn't even been the full time because of what happened. We haveto get used to this. Even I'm not used to it or completely sure and I'm nervous. I just need you right now. Especially right now and you know that. You've been so sweet lately and I need you." I said.

"And I keep going back to what I always do and it hurts me just as much as t hurts you but I don't know how to stop drinking." He said and I wrapped my arms around him and he held me.

"I don't know what to do." He said while muffled into my neck and I kissed his cheek.

"If you can't stop you know I'll help you get help." I said.

"I already told you I can't do that. My job." He said and he pulled away from me and drug his hands down his face.

"I'll stop." He sighed and I rubbed his shoulder.

"Just get some sleep okay? Come on and lay down. I wish I could properly cuddle with you but I can't move my leg." I said and he nodded and laid down before wrapping his arms around me.

"Thank you." He said.

"Don't apologize. You do a lot more than you realize even if you do fuck up sometimes." I said and he rested his head on my chest and I ran my fingers through his hair as he held me.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said and he kissed my chest before falling asleep. He was so drunk it was unbelievable. I knew in the morning he would barely remember talking to me.

* * *

I woke up hours later around 10am and he was still on my chest and holding me. He was sound asleep still and I nudged him so that I could take my medicine again. Every 8 hours it wore off and even though it had only been 7, I was feeling it.

"Wake up." I said and nudged him again. He got off of me and he laid down next to me before falling back asleep again. Great. I reached for my medicine and water and grabbed it and he rubbed my side.

"Morning." He said and I took my medicine. He took it from me and helped me once he realized I needed help and he kissed my cheek.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine." I said.

"I'm sorry for drinking last night." He said.

"You're fine." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

"No. We talked last night but you don't remember." I sighed and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine." I said and he kissed me again.

"Trevvy?" I heard Mackenzie ask and we both looked up at the doorway to see her standing there with her bear.

"Come here." He said softly and she ran to the side of the bed. He pulled her up into the bed and he kissed her cheek over and over cutely. I smiled and she laid down in between us and he smiled weakly.

"Someone's still tired." I said as she cuddled her bear and he wrapped his arm around her. She nuzzled her face into his chest and my eyes softened and so did his. She was so cute and I knew he was so happy. He kissed her forehead and she fell asleep in his arms.

"You make me want to have fifteen kids." I said and he looked up at me and laughed.

"We are never having that many. Well have two of our own and her." He said.

"Oh so you already decided for me?" I asked.

"I mean I don't want anymore than three kids." He said.

"And what if I want four?" I asked.

"Then we're going to have to meet in the middle and have 3.5." He said and I laughed and so did he. He was obviously kidding because it was obviously impossible.

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you too-you really annoyed me last night but we talked and I know you don't like doing it." I said and he nodded slowly.

"I know I keep fuc-messing up." He said and he stopped himself before full on cursing and I chuckled weakly.

"I know. I know you don't want to constantly be drinking though. It's a disease-"

"I don't want to talk about it." He said and cut me off seriously. I looked over at him and down at my hands on my stomach and he didn't say anything after. We both got quiet. I understood that he didn't want to talk about it, but it was something that should have been talked about as a couple.