Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning and Trevor was next to me. When I woke up I knew what we did, but I didn't remember the whole thing from how much I drank. My eyes softened and I quickly sat up and grabbed my shirt and panties and put them on and I saw a open condom package on the nightstand. I quickly threw it out and I shook his shoulder lightly.

"Trevor-wake up. You have to go." I said and he flinched and looked up at me.

"Fuck-What time is it?" He asked and grabbEd his phone.

"Shit." He mumbled and he got up. He was still fully nude so when he got up I covered my eyes and he cursed under his breath before covering himself with his hands. He quickly pulled his boxers and jeans on and he looked over at me.

"Bailey-you're a great person and last night was fun-" he paused and he sighed before running his fingers through his hair.

"I know. We don't have to do this.. You're married and we work together. It's fine. We were drunk." I sighed and he nodded.

"Yeah." He sighed and he pulled his shirt on and shoes.

"Don't forget your wallet." I said and handed it to him. He grabbed it and a condom fell out and he awkwardly grabbed it.

"You just carry those around?" I asked.

"You're the first one I've slept with other than my wife since I met her. I'm not a scumbag-I mean partially, now. Just not completely." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah-it's fine. I just think it's better you leave." I said and he put his hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"We both equally fucked up last night. I'm sure your wife is worried about you too-just go home." I said and he nodded.

"I'm so sorry. I hope this doesn't make things at work-"

"Trevor. Just leave. Please." I said and he sighed and nodded.

"I'll see you." He said.

"See you." I said and he walked out my bedroom and downstairs. I sat down on the edge of my bed and I ran my fingers through my hair. I couldn't believe I did what I did. I couldn't at all. It was so stupid, he was married, we were drunk-so stupid.

* * *

"Hey." He said when I saw him the next day at work and I looked up at him as he came into the faculty room while I was getting my coffee. Students hadn't even came in yet and barely any teachers were there yet.

"Hey." I said and he grabbed a cup next to me.

"It's convenient they have coffee here. Saves me time so I dont have to stop by the gas station or make it myself, you know?" He asked and I nodded and was trying to ignore him.

"Bailey, I don't want what happened between us to make things weird. It was a mistake, okay?" He asked.

"You're acting like you know me and you don't. Just stop acting like my friend. I don't hate you and I'm over what happened, but you're acting weird too." I said and he sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just feel like you hate me now and want to avoid me. If I'm working with you I want you to be comfortable around me, you know?" He asked.

"Just pretend you hate me like you did before this weekend and everything will be back to normal." I said.

"I don't hate you. I'll feel like an asshole after this weekend too-"

"Trevor. Please." I said as I looked up at him and finally fully made eye contact and he locked his eyes on mine before looking away.

"Okay." He said.

"Okay." I mumbled and I walked out the room. He was a good guy and I knew he meant well, but I didn't want him being nice to me just because we slept together. I was so mad at myself for sleeping with him and so embarrassed that I wanted it completely forgotten. He had a problem letting mistakes go.