Chapter 12

"Officer Prescott!" I heard a little girls voice yell from down the hall excitedly as we both got to work together. He realized it was her and she ran and hugged him. He slowly hugged her and I smiled weakly.

"Did you get my letter?!" She asked.

"I got your letter. I loved it. I appreciate It so much sweetheart." He said.

"Why weren't you here?" She asked and he looked up at me before glancing back to her.

"I just got a boo boo. I needed to be taken care of by doctors for a little while and then I got my own personal nurse to take care of me when the doctors let me go." He said and glanced up to me. I chuckled and she pouted her lip out.

"What was your boo boo?" She asked and he motioned to his side.

"I just got hurt. I'm okay." He said.

"My praying worked then. I prayed that you would be okay last night and you are!" She said and my eyes softened and he hugged her again.

"Well thank you so much. It's means a lot to me sweetheart." He said and she nodded.

"You're welcome." She said and he chuckled as she ran off to her friends and got in line for morning attendance. We went into the faculty room and he tried to kiss me when we got in but our boss was in there and he pulled away.

"Oh. Hey." My boss said and I pursed my lips together.

"Hi." I smiled fakely and so did Trevor. Trevor's fake smile was more obvious.

"Are you two married?" My boss asked and I shook my head. He knew we weren't married. Jason and I had a past. A long past that was abusive and bullshit, I would never tell Trev that though. He'd make it a point to hate him and treat him like shit.

"No." I chuckled and Trevor shook his head.

"No." He said later like he wanted to say yes and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, okay-why weren't you here yesterday? We missed you!" My boss said to him.

"I was stabbed. Was in the hospital. Got out." He said in an annoyed tone. Everyone hated my boss, but Trevor was allowed to show it because he didn't work for the school. He worked for his chief, and he honestly did not care at all.

"Oh. I'm glad you're okay. Are you sure you don't need a few days off?" He asked.

"Yeah. My boss isn't letting me work and do my usual shift after here, but he's letting me do what I have to here." He said and he nodded.

"Okay." Jason said awkwardly and he walked out. He was so weird.

"So fucking weird." Trevor mumbled under his breath as he poured himself coffee and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. He wasn't wrong.

* * *

"Wish you weren't a teacher and were a secretary so we could sneak off... maybe fuck in an empty room." Trevor texted me while I was teaching and doing an activity with the kids. I rolled my eyes and locked my phone before showing them how to make a volcano with baking soda and vinegar and they stared in awe at it. It wasn't that interesting to me, but it went with what we were doing so I made it fun for them. When I was done I assigned them to a word puzzle for the environment and I went back to my desk.

"Wish you weren't a cop so you wouldn't have had to work here and I wouldn't have met you so I could actually focus on my job." I replied. He automatically read it.

"That was cold hearted." He replied and before I knew it he was walking through my door. I glared up at him as he bit into an apple and everyone cheered when he walked in.