Chapter 31

"Trev!" I laughed and playfully hit his shoulder as we were walking along the beach. He took me on a date in the middle of February when it was the coldest time to be at the beach, but it was still so nice. He splashed me with cold water and I splashed him back. He had his pants rolled up to his knees and I just pulled my leggings up. It was freezing but it was worth it.

"Shit, it's so cold." He said and I chuckled.

"I know." I said and he pulled me up into his arms. I thought he was going to just carry me but he threw me up over his shoulder and he playfully smacked my ass.

"What are you doing?" I laughed and he chuckled.

"Trevor?" I asked as he kept walking and I realized he was getting closer to the water.

"Trevor! Do not throw me in this water! It's basically frozen!" I yelled and he pretended to and it scared the shit out of me. He caught me before I landed in the water and he laughed at me.

"You're such an asshole!" I yelled jokingly and he laughed.

"You love it." He said.

"I do love it. You probably wish you could say the same." I said, referring to the fact that he still denied whether he loved me or not.

"Mmhm." He chuckled and he put me down.

"What if I told you I rented a beach house down here for the night?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"And that I had a few bottles of alcohol in my trunk that we could drink too." He said and I smiled widely.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"The house has a fire place too, so we can get comfy in front of the fire." He smirked and I chuckled and nodded.

"That's okay with me." I said and he kissed me.

"What does Ash think you're doing?" I asked.

"Ash is at her moms house, so it doesn't matter what I'm doing. If she asks I'll tell her I'm working." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Can we go see the house? I love beach houses." I said and he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine before leading me to a trail towards a bunch of houses. He kissed my forehead softly as we walked and I smiled.

"I really do love you." I said and he smiled weakly.

"I know." He said softly and he stopped walking.

"Let me get my phone to remind myself of the address." He chuckled and I laughed. It still hurt. Him not telling me he loved me back hurt.

"Okay. It's down here." He said and motioned down a sidewalk. We walked down to a beautiful house that you would see in the movies and he led me up the stairs of it.

"Like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I said and he kissed my cheek before unlocking the door. I walked in and everything was so modern and clean. For a beach house it seemed like a regular house.

"It's so nice." He said.

"You did a good job picking out the best one." I said and he chuckled.

"I did." He said before cupping my cheek and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What?" I asked.

"I meant like-I picked you and I did a good job-no? That didn't work?" He asked.

"No, it didn't work." I said and he smiled fakely and let go of me. As a couple, we were romantic and lovey-but we also were smart asses and got annoyed with each other. Which was probably why he didn't tell me he loved me yet and actually meant it.