Chapter 39

It was the next day and I was exhausted. I kept waking up other than for the dream. I just couldn't get comfortable and I didn't get it. I ended up staying home. I made the decision around 4am when I woke up again and I quietly got up out of bed so I didn't wake Trevor and called out sick.

When I woke up around 8:30, Trevor was still holding me and I lightly shook his shoulder.

"Hey." I said sleepily and he nuzzled into my neck more.

"Trev, wake up. You have to go to work." I said.

"I called out." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You kept waking up last night. I wanted to stay home and make sure you were okay. I heard you call out this morning." He said and my eyes softened and he let go of me and rubbed his eyes to wake himself up.

"I'm tired." He yawned and I nodded.

"I just kept having bad dreams that something happened to you and it kept waking me up." I said and he looked over at me.

"Nothings going to happen to me, okay? Especially now. I'm the chief so I just sit at a desk and tell people what to do and ocassionally show up to scenes and shit. I'm safe." He said and I nodded and nuzzled into him.

"I just worry about you. I really do." I said and he nodded.

"I worry about you sometimes too." He said and I kissed his cheek.

"That was the worst night of sleep I've ever had." I sighed and he rubbed my thigh.

"I could tell." He said and he sat up.

"Let's go make breakfast. Pancakes and bacon?" He asked and I nodded and smiled.

"And orange juice?" I asked and he chuckled and nodded.

"Wait." I said and grabbed his hand before he left the bed.

"What?" He asked.

"Lets have fun before breakfast." I said and he looked down at me for a second and smirked.

"Now you're in the mood?" He asked lowly and I chuckled and nodded.

"I just didn't have a good night, so I want you to make me have a good morning." I said as I pulled him down on top of me and he chuckled lowly against my lips before kissing me. He went to take my panties off but we were both cut off by my doorbell ringing throughout the house and he pulled away from me and bowed his head down with a sigh.

"We're you expecting someone today? Is that why you stayed home? You weren't expecting me to stay home with you, huh?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I wasn't expecting anyone you ass. Don't-"

"I was kidding. No need to get all defensive. Relax." He said and cut me off and he got off me and I sat up. I pulled on one of his shirts and a pair of sweatpants and he grabbed my hips and kissed me.

"Hey. I have to answer the door." I said and he kissed me again.

"Trev." I sighed and he nodded.

"Go ahead. I'll walk behind you and enjoy the view." He said and I chuckled and playfully hit his shoulder as I walked downstairs. I went to the door and opened it and it was my dad. Trevor looked at him for a second and my dad looked to him and back to me.

"Still?" He asked.

"He's not really married anymore-it's fine. He's fine." I said.

"I apologize for the way I acted when I met you. I can admit that If I had a daughter I wouldn't want her to be with someone that acted the way I did either." He said and he shook my dads hand. Thank god he was fixing things. I knew if he just acted different towards my dad, he would change his opinion on him.

"Why are you here-no-I didn't know-you didn't tell me you were coming." I said.

"Well I was told you didn't go to work today and wanted to catch up on you." He said.

"Who told you I didn't go to work?" I asked.

"That's not the problem. Why aren't you at work. You seem fine to me." He said.

"I am fine-I just didn't get a good night of sleep last night. I was having nightmares every hour and kept waking up." I said as he sat down on my couch and I shut the door behind him.

"You're 23. What in the hell nightmares are you having?" He asked and I looked over at Trevor and he looked over at me. If I told my dad why he'd think I was pathetic.

"I don't remember." I said.

"You called out of work because you were being woken up by nightmares that you can't remember?" He asked.

"Dad-did jason tell you I wasn't in work?" I asked.

"Who the fuck is Jason?" Trevor asked and I looked over at him.

"My boss. You worked there and you didn't even know his name?" I asked.

"Why does he know your dad?" He asked.

"He's an old friend and the reason I got the job." I mumbled.

"An old friend?" He asked me with a cocked eyebrow as he folded his arms in front of his chest and I glared at him. I was not arguing with him in front of my dad.

"Yeah. Her ex." My dad said and I felt my face get bright red and Trevor nodded slowly and clenched his jaw.

"Oh. I just didn't know." He said and he was being nice to my dad and keeping his temper, but I knew him and I could tell by his voice that he was annoyed.

"Well, it's none of his business. I can call out if I want." I said.

"If you get fired-"

"I'm not getting fired. I've been out twice this entire year." I said.

"I'm just telling you to be careful. You know how jason is." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I know how jason is. A manipulative piece of shit." I mumbled.

"He's not as bad as you make him out to be. He's a good guy." He said.

"It doesn't matter." I mumbled and Trevor went over to me and he kissed my cheek.

"I wish you would have told me how much of a good guy he is." He said with a fake smile and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to get a shower. If you're not here when I get down, it was really nice seeing you Mr. Collins." He said.

"Yeah. It was nice to re-meet you." My dad said and he nodded.

"I'll see you up there." He said to me and he went upstairs. I was not in the mood to talk to him about it. It was in the past and I never mentioned it because that's how over and done with it I was. Not to mention, I honestly forgot I dated him most of the time. I just knew it would be an entire argument with him.