Chapter 116

"Mommy! Daddy!" Kenz said excitedly as she ran to us when we got home. I squeezed her tightly as soon as she ran into my arms and I looked up to see my dad walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. I was expecting it to be my cousin, since she said she'd watch them for us for the night, but my dad must've taken over at some point.

"Shit." Trev mumbled quietly and he knelt down in front of Kenz and hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek.

"How are you sweetheart? Did you have fun last night? There's leftover cake. I know you loved it." He said and she smiled widely and nodded.

"I had some for breakfast." She said and he chuckled.

"Did pop pop give you it for breakfast?" I asked and my dad nodded.

"Yeah." My dad said and we both looked up at him.

"Where's Dak?" Trev asked.

"Sleeping-look can I talk to you both?" My dad asked and Trev looked over at me and we nodded.

"Yeah. Kenz stay here okay? Cooper I see you bud. We'll be right back." Trev said and she nodded and played with cooper as we walked to the dining room and shut the door. We sat down and my dad sat down across from us and pulled the baggy out of his pocket and slid it across the table. Trev looked up at him and away and my dad leaned in closer.

"Is it yours?" My dad asked.

"You're interrogating me now? I was the cop. You weren't-"

"Trevor. I'm not starting an argument with you. I'm asking a yes or no question and you know for damn sure why I wanted to talk to you in the first place. Is it yours?" My dad asked.

"Yeah." Trev said simply and I kicked him underneath the table.

"Bailey, he knows it's mine. I'm not even going to lie. Yeah it was mine and it fell out my pocket last night. I had two on me and I grabbed one and lost it and didn't know where it went-"

"What if your kids get ahold of this? What if you do too much of it and something happens to you? Are you crazy?" My dad asked and Trev nodded.

"Probably." He said.

"Trev." I sighed.

"It's not funny. I'm being serious, Trevor. You have to do something about it." My dad said.

"I know it's not funny." Trev said.

"Then why act like that?" He asked.

"Because I've been trying so hard to be okay and I'm not." Trev said and my dad looked at me.

"Did you know he was doing it last night?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Did you ever do it?" My dad asked me and I looked up at him and Trev looked over at me and shook his head.

"No." He mumbled.

"I want to hear it from her. Did he ever push you to do it?" My dad asked and I shook my head.

"He never pushed me to do anything." I said.

"So you did it?" My dad asked and I shrugged.

"I tried it. Could have been in college. Could have been recent. I don't get why you're questioning me. I'm literally fine and I have to deal with this enough-"

"I'm trying to get him help. He needs help. Babysitting him isn't going to work forever." My dad said and Trev rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine. I don't need doctors treating me like a piece of shit. I can be okay on my own-"

"But you're not okay on your own, Trevor. You're okay with Bailey and that's even pushing it-"

"I already fucking got help!" He yelled.

"I'm not starting an argument with you. I'm genuinely trying to get you help and make sure you're okay. You're married to my daughter now and you're my son in law. The father of my grandchild and I don't want you killing yourself with these drugs and leaving them. You're a good guy. A great guy for Bailey, you just need to get serious help and stay somewhere for a few months or it's going to keep getting worse." He said and Trev narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm not going anywhere for a few months. Im staying here and I'm doing what I do and I'm not getting help and wasting money on a bunch of useless doctors to tell me to "write" when I want to do drugs. I'm not doing it. It didn't help me the first time and it won't help me again." Trevor said.

"You stayed for a month. That wouldn't work for anyone."

"I don't care. I tried and I hated it. I'm not going again-"

"Trev, he's not wrong." I said softly and he looked over at me.

"Are you kidding me?" He asked.

"I know you hate it. I know you hate not being around us, but if you took time out there and you got the help you needed you would be okay. I know you would. I had fun last night and I know why you do it. I completely understand why you like the way it makes you feel, but you don't need it. I want a husband that can drink and be satisfied with the way alcohol makes him feel and I want to be able to drink with you whenever and not have to watch you. It's exhausting." I said.

"You did it last night?" My dad asked.

"Dad-im not talking about me. I'm fine. I promise you I'm fucking fine. I'm worried about him." I said.

"I'm fine too." He mumbled and got up.

"Trev." I sighed.

"I'm fine!" He yelled and slammed the door behind him as he walked out and I looked up at my dad.

"He needs help, Bailey. You're not doing that shit either. Do you understand me?" My dad asked and I sighed and got up before following Trev. My dad really didn't want to argue, he just wanted him clean.