Chapter 36

I went to work while Trevor was at work himself too, and I genuinely loved living with him. Waking up next to him, having morning sex, and then having him make breakfast while I teased him before getting a shower was everything I ever dreamed of with him.

It had been a week since he had been living with me though, and since he had been he had kept talking about getting another dog. He was looking at sellers for German Shepard's online and he was telling me how he chose the best dog and he had Dak as his lockscreen on his phone. It honestly broke my heart because I knew he missed having a dog.

One day after work I made the decision to go to the breeder he told me he got dak from, and I looked at the dogs they had. I wanted to surprise him with a new dog so bad and if he got one from the same breeder I knew it would be special to him. The only thing that needed to be specific about the dog though, was that it couldn't look like Dak. Dak was an all black German Shepard, so I was looking at the brown ones with some black in their fur. 

Then I got to four pups in one stall. All four of them were adorable and made me want to buy them all. The only problem was they were $2000 a piece. I obviously could only choose one, but they were expensive. I did have the money though and I wasn't worried about that-I just couldn't believe that they were that much.

One looked sad, one looked really silly and adorable but confused, another had his tongue out and was panting, and one was staring seriously at me. He was standing taller than the others and he was staring at me like he was trying to show off that he had it more together than the others. That's what Trevor told me he looked for. Especially with his job since he had to.

The dog that stands the tallest is usually the most competent and understanding

The dog that stands the tallest is usually the most competent and understanding. He said for his job that he loves them all, but he needs the smartest ones to choose. So I picked him up and he licked my face and I chuckled. He still had his playfully mode and he looked so adorable. He was looking at me as if I needed to take him home. My phone started ringing while I was holding him and I grabbed it as I carefully held him to see it was Trevor.

"Shit. We're going to blow our cover, huh?" I asked to him and I answered it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey beautiful. Where ya at?" He asked cutely and I could tell he asked with a smile.

"Just at the store. Getting some feminine products. What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just got home and you're usually home before me so I got worried. I have a surprise for you though-" he stopped talking when the dog I was holding barked and whined and I whispered for him to stop.

"Was that a dog?" He asked.

"Yeah? Did you hear that? I don't know what it was. I think someone has a dog in this damn grocery store." I mumbled as if I was annoyed and he chuckled.

"Leave them alone. I brought dak everywhere. Sometimes it's nice to bring your dog out with you." He said and I sighed.

"Well a grocery store isn't the place." I said.