Chapter 118

"He's okay, Bailey." Sawyer said as he rubbed my back as I sobbed in the waiting room. Trev was okay. He was. They got his heart at a regular rate and he was up and talking, but I wasn't ready to see him. Sawyer kept telling me to go talk to him and see him but I was terrified to. His last thought about me was a goodbye. He wanted to say goodbye to me. He was ready to leave and he prepared himself to leave me, but he didn't. I was happy he didn't. I needed him there-but I was so confused and scared and upset that I didn't know if I was mad at myself for not letting him go because I didn't know if he was mad at me.

"Bailey, he wants to see you. He's alive. He's breathing. He's sober at the moment. Everything is out of his system. You can talk to him." Sawyer said and I looked up at him with my eyes red and puffy and my nose running.

"He wanted to leave, Sawyer. I didn't let him leave. He's probably mad I didn't let him leave-"

"He's not mad at you. Bailey you need to see him." He said.

"I'm scared." I cried and he shook his head and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Do you want me to walk you in?" He asked softly and I nodded. He wiped my tears and grabbed my hand and I was still crying. He put his hand on the small of my back and gave me a little guided push when we got to his room and Trev looked up at me. I immediately broke down as soon as I saw him again and he sat up.

"Bailey." He said softly and I went to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. I didn't even care that he was in the hospital bed, I needed to hold him and feel him holding me.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

"Why are you sorry? I'm sorry." He said and tucked strands of hair behind my ear. I cried into his neck and he kissed my cheek and forehead.

"It's okay. I'm going to be okay. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I did that. I'm so sorry." He said and I was sobbing into his neck. I was probably annoying the hell out of him.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there." I cried.

"Stop saying you're sorry. You didn't do anything. I'm happy you called. I'm happy you came home. I want to see my son and daughter grow up and I'm not done having babies with you." He said and I nodded and cried so hard into his neck.

"I went home early because I wasn't feeling good. I'm so happy I came home early. I'm so happy. If I didn't I don't know what would have happened." I sobbed and he shook his head and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'm here. I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere." He said and I kissed him a few times and he wiped my tears.

"I keep dying and coming back. You must be tired of it." He said.

"Stop." I said softly and he rubbed my back. He always joked, but I wasnt in the mood to joke. I was so mentally exhausted and scared that I just didn't even want to talk. I just wanted to feel him.

"I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"That letter you wrote scared me so much Trev. Seeing you like that terrified me. I don't want to talk about it right now, but I want to know what happened. Why would you do that? Why would you ever think your last option would be that? You will get better. I promise you will. I don't care about the bills or the amount of people it takes to makeyou better, you'll be better." I cried and he nodded.

"Since it's like my third time at the hospital due to drugs, they're making me go to a rehab for a few months. Not just one this time. I'll be gone for three and a half months and I'm sorry it's that long. Visits are allowed daily and the kids are too. I just have to give you times to come if you wanted to." He said and my eyes softened.

"Why wouldn't I? I can't go a few hours without missing you. Trev I want you to be better. I want you to be alive. I want you to raise dak and Kenz and I want you to make him a better police officer and for you to tell him how we met and about our favorite football team. I want you to be there. I couldn't do that all on my own. I'll be there everyday because I need you with me everyday." I said and he held me tightly and kissed my forehead.

"I think my drugs were laced. I seriously never felt like that. I only wrote that letter because I felt weird and I kept doing more because I wanted more and I did too much. I fell and finished a fifth of vodka. I broke the bottle and went in the tub because I thought I was going to throw up and my nose was bleeding. It was all I remembered." He said.

"I wish I was home sooner." I said.

"Either way I was fucked." He said and I shook my head.

"You promise me things will be better. I need you to be positive for me. You won't go back to this, okay? You promise?" I asked and he nodded and locked his pinky finger with mine and smiled weakly.

"I promise I won't go back to it and I'll do the three months and get help. I promise." He said and I nodded. He kissed me and I nuzzled into his neck again and rubbed his hand.

"I want to be sober." He said.

"I want you to be sober too."