Chapter 71

I woke up in the hospital with machines attached to me, IVs in my arm, and Trevor sitting next to me with his face buried into his hands. I was still completely out of it, and I looked down at my leg to see it bandaged.

"Trev." I mumbled slowly and he looked up at me and got up and he put his hand on mine.

"Hey. It's okay." He said softly and he moved his chair closer to the bed.

"How are you feeling?" I heard my brother ask and I looked to the right of me and saw him sitting next to me too.

"I'm okay." I said and Trev kissed my hand.

"You're crazy." He said with a half smile and I looked over at him and saw he had tears in his eyes. I went to sit up and he stopped me and so did my brother.

"No. Lay down. You're fine. You're too weak to be moving." He said and he was right. I got dizzy automatically.

"You lost a good amount of blood. Just relax. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." He said and I closed my eyes and nodded.

"Is mackenzie okay?" I asked.

"She's perfectly fine. All of the kids are okay. Everyone is fine." He said and he rubbed my hand.

"I want to go home." I said.

"I know. I want you to go home too." He said and I rubbed my forehead.

"You're so strong, you know that?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"How?" I asked.

"You hit a gun that was held up to you. You risked so much but saved your and our babies life." He said and I nodded.

"I had to help you." I said.

"I know. I would have figured it out, but you're so strong and brave. I love you sweetheart." He said and I smiled weakly.

"Yeah. You never told me you were pregnant or engaged. Thanks for keeping me updated." My brother said with a half smile and I smiled weakly.

"Did you tell dad?" I asked.

"No, but he'll find out as soon as he walks in. It's obvious you're pregnant and you have a ring on your finger." He said and we all looked up at the doorway to see my dad walking in. Then he stopped and looked at me-well, my stomach.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Told you." My brother said and I nodded.

"We were going to tell you, we just weren't planning on this happening." I sighed and he walked over to me and he kissed my cheek and hugged me.

"I knew it was going to happen eventually. There better be a ring on your finger-" he paused and Trev let go of my hand for him to see and my dad smiled weakly and nodded.

"Good." He said and I nodded.

"Is the baby okay Trevor?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's fine." He said and smiled weakly. I almost didn't even realize what he said, but I looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I asked and he chuckled and nodded.

"We're having a boy." He said and my eyes softened.

"And he's so healthy it's unbelievable. They're giving you medicine for the pregnancy while we're here too." He said and I bit my lip. I was trying not to cry.

"Another boy in the family, huh?" My dad asked and I buried my face into my hands and started crying.

"Hey." He said softly and he sat on the edge of my bed. I was so happy, but I wa overwhelmed with everything and I was still confused on what happened. I understood that there was a shooter, but I was just so confused and didn't get why. Or why it happened to me, why we had to be put through so much.

"You're Okay. Mackenzie is okay. I'm okay. Our little guy is okay. Everything is going to be fine." He said and he wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest and he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you." He said and I nodded.

"You're so brave. I got the most badass future wife in the world." He said and I held the back of his neck.

"I want to go home." I cried and he rubbed my back.

"I know. It'll be okay. I'm here. I'll stay home with you for a good week. Sawyer is making me." He said and I held him tighter.

"Okay." I said softly through tears and sniffled. He kissed my cheek and cupped them gently.

"You have no idea how well you handled that situation. You did so good. Be happy. I know it was scary and you're overwhelmed, but you have no idea how good you did." He said and I nodded. He wiped my tears and kissed me and I sighed.

"This fucking sucks." I said stuffily as I wiped my tears.

"I know." He said softly and he rubbed my left knee. My right thigh was where I had gotten shot. I couldn't believe I fucking shot.

"I can't wait to go home." I said and he nodded.

"I know." He said and I ran my fingers through my hair. I couldn't fucking believe it. I had no words to explain how confused and scared I was.