Chapter 52

Trev was let out of the hospital surprisingly that day, and as soon as we got home he wanted to relax and just cuddle with me and Cooper in bed. He took his shirt and jeans off and climbed in bed next to me and i wrapped my arms around him.

"We can talk to Nancy tomorrow. I can come to the school." He said.

"I'm not working tomorrow, remember? I was going to see if she could come to the house. I don't want you going in the way you are anyway, you know?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Bailey, I'm fine. Just a little sore but nothing some ibreprofeun can't fix." He smiled weakly and I shook my head.

"She can come here, but I want to ask you something." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Where are we living? I sometimes go to your house but-"

"We're living here. Maybe we'll buy a house later on in the future. I'm not living in my house. It's too many memories that I just don't want to remember. I like the memories we made in this house." He said.

"I want to eventually get a house together. There's a lot of bad memories in this house I want to forget too." I said and he rubbed my thigh.

"And we will." He said and kissed me.

"I'm so happy you're okay." I said.

"I am too." He nodded.

"I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you to wake up to in the morning." I said and he kissed me.

"You never have to worry about that. No matter what happens, I'll be the one you're waking up next to." He said and I rested my head on his chest and traced circles on it. He was the strongest person I'd ever known. I loved him so much.

* * *

I woke up in the middle of the night and I was unbelievably thirsty. I could barely swallow from how dry my throat was. I slowly got up, careful to not wake trevor up when I did, and I went downstairs into the kitchen. I grabbed a water out the fridge and I leaned against the counter as I drank.

I checked my phone that I had brought down from upstairs and Jason texted me. I unlocked it and saw he had called me too. I went to his messages and he texted me and told me he missed me. I rolled my eyes and locked my phone and I grabbed a thing of cookies. I wanted chocolate really bad.

"What are you doing?" I heard Trevor ask behind me sleepily and I jumped. He scared the hell out of me.

"Christ, Trev." I sighed and he wrapped his arms around my hips and kissed my cheek.

"Can I have a sip of your water?" He asked and I handed it to him. He pulled away from me and drank some and I looked at the bruises that started to show on his chest and rubbed them. I felt so bad. He finished drinking and he kissed my cheek.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"No, I woke up thirsty and saw you weren't in bed." He said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I woke up thirsty too. I guess two minds think alike." I said and he grabbed my hand.

"I usually have water next to the bed but I didn't." He chuckled and I smiled as he led me upstairs.

"Trev?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asked and my phone went off again and it was Jason. Fuck.

"Who's texting you at 2am?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It was just a notification." I said and he grabbed my phone.

"Why is Jason texting you at 2am and why did you lie to me about it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I don't want to argue right now. I'm barely awake, Trev. It's nothing." I said and he  unlocked my phone and it automatically opened to the messages.

"I miss you? I want to see you at work tomorrow? What the hell is this about? I thought he said you could stay home tomorrow?" He asked.

"He did-it's Nothing Trev. He's just a fucking idiot." I sighed and he texted something to him and handed me my phone back.

"What he's doing is illegal. As a cop, I know it's illegal. He's harassing you and he's making you deal with it because he thinks since he's your boss. He thinks he can control you and that's bullshit. Bailey, if you want something done about it just tell me and I'll take care of it easily." He said.

"You can't do anything. I'll lose my job." I said.

"You won't lose your job. He will." He said and I shook my head.

"Just go to bed." I sighed.

"Sorry for caring about you." He mumbled.

"I know that you care about me. Don't be an asshole. I just don't need your help with this." I said.

"If he starts contacting you more and watching you at work I'm going to your job and I'm flipping the fuck out on him." He said and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not letting him try and take you away from me." He said.

"I wouldn't think about being with him again. I have no intentions of that and would rather die than get back together with him ever." I said and he nuzzled his head into my neck.

"You being around him worries me." He said.

"You don't have to worry about me with him. I'm not an idiot, I know he's a dickhead and shouldn't be trusted." I said.

"As long as you know that." He said and I kissed him.

"Don't try and win me back with kisses." He chuckled and I smiled weakly.

"I love you, Trev. No one is coming in between us."