Chapter 6

I was out at a bar again with my friends and we had an uber drive us this time, I did actually. I made my friends get an uber and I paid. We couldn't risk getting pulled over again and I knew neither of us would control ourselves with how much we drank.

I immediately went out on to the dance floor first without getting anything to drink yet and started dancing with Brielle and some random guy. He started grinding with her and I eventually just found my way to the bar to actually order a drink. I ordered a vodka and redbull when I saw Trevor sitting across from me at the bar drinking a beer. He was alone and he was just watching a football game hanging on the center of the bar. He had two empty beers next to him and I felt bad. He shouldn't have been alone. The bartender handed me my drink and I grabbed it and walked over to him before sitting down next to him.

"Hey, deputy." I joked and he looked over at me with a surprised look.

"Hey." He smiled weakly and I motioned to his empty beers as he placed his third one with them.

"Rough night?" I asked.

"Something like that." He sighed and he motioned to my drink as if he was asking what it was.

"Vodka and Redbull." I said and he pursed his lips together.

"You seem like you're a lightweight. That's surprising." He said.

"I'm not a lightweight, thank you very much." I mumbled and he chuckled.

"Are you here alone?" He asked and I shook my head.

"With the same crew, just no car and only uber." I said and he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, me too." He said and looked down at a new beer being placed in front of him.

"Are you here alone?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yup." He said.

"Is everything alright?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Just stupid shit, you know?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked.

"My wife-just stupid arguments-I don't know. I just don't understand her." He sighed.

"Oh." I simply said and he nodded.

"Yeah, were fine. We're always fine and work things out. I just hope she talks to me tonight. I don't know if you've been in pretty serious relationships or not but being on the side where the other person is mad at you sucks. I just want to hold her and apologize but she doesn't listen. I'm constantly losing every argument." He sighed.

"I'm 25. I've been in plenty relationships to understand that. It sucks. I'm sorry." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"At least my team is winning." He said and motioned up to the TV and I smiled weakly.

"That's good. You don't come off as a Dallas Cowboys fan. I thought everyone in Maryland was a damn Ravens fan." I said. Thank god he was a cowboys fan. I was too and at least it was something we had in common.

"My last name is the same as our quarterback-You're a Dallas fan? Shit you don't come off as someone who watches football." He said and I chuckled.

"I watch football and do whatever I want. Was raised that way by my dad."

"Well your dad raised you right. My wiFr hates watching games with me." He said.

"Aw. You should have made up with her and watched it together. Maybe you could he thwr into it." I said.

"No, it's fine. Seriously it's better we have time to cool down." He said and I looked up at the TV and felt him glancing at me.

"I'm glad you aren't driving tonight." He said and brought my attention back to him.