Chapter 97

Trev and I kind of made up. I went home after telling the bartender not to serve him if he went without telling me and we argued a little bit but it wasn't to the point we were yelling. He was a little more sober at that point too so everything was wearing off. I just didn't talk to him about what sawyer told me, and I finally brought it up after he tucked Kenz in for bed.

"I'm disappointed in you." I said softly as I had my head rested on his chest and he nodded.

"I know." He said.

"No, not just because of what happened today. Sawyer told me you've been drinking since you got out of rehab." I said and he didn't say anything.

"Bails-"

"Is it true?" I asked and he paused and nodded slowly.

"Yeah. It's true.." he trailed off and he sighed.

"I think that rehab helped me control my actions and temper when I'm drunk. You smacked me earlier and I didn't react the way I normally did. I honestly just felt like shit because you've been trying so hard and I keep fucking it up." He said.

"Trevor if you feel like you need to have a drink to relax and unwind, I don't care. You can have a beer. You can have a class of vodka mixed with anything you like, but you need to know a limit and when to stop. Which is why I keep begging you to stop drinking because you don't know when to stop. You're going to kill yourself one day. Sawyer knows not to give you alcohol and I poured out the liquor we had. You're done Trev. It's not happening anymore. I care too much about you. About us." I said and he nodded.

"I need to be taken away from it because I can't stop." He said.

"Which is what I'm trying to do." I said. I didn't tell him about the bartender and how I told him not to serve him. I didn't want him to know I did that.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Please just try harder. I'm begging you." I said.

"Okay." He said and I kissed his cheek and nuzzled into him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." He said and I nodded.

"You need to tell me." I said.

"You told me you were giving me one chance. I was scared to tell you." He said.

"You haven't really been an asshole other than today. You have been doing better, but drinking still isn't good." I said.

"I know." He said.

"Can you answer something for me?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Have you gotten high?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No. I promise you I haven't." He said and I smiled weakly and kissed him.

"Well I'm proud of you for that. Now we just need to work on drinking-you know on our wedding day we're drinking. You need to know how to drink normally in front of our families." I said.

"I know." He said and I kissed him again. That time I let my lips move against his a little longer and he got the hint to keep kissing me. He stressed me out. I need him to apologize physically too.